Posts by keem85

Give this one (attached) a try. Just made it a minute ago. I'm relatively happy with it, but I didn't do any refining, which may or may not improve things.

The guitar I used is a Carvin Bolt with AP-11 SCs. These pickups are highly underrated in my opinion, and are a bit beefier than your average strat pickups. With that in mind, you may have to drop the definition parameter if your pickups are on the bright side. This profile should also work fine with PAFs.

I should also add that how well you utilize this tone is going to be highly dependent on your technique. If your technique and vocabulary is similar to Johnson's, you'll be most of the way there. Let me know what you think!

Nice one! Gonna try this one! Upload it to RE also :)

Hmm interesting thread. Would it be possible, when reamping a recording, to hear the amped sound through the FRFR headphones that is plugged directly in to my soundcard? Since the guitar track is direct and has no effect I figure the DAW's monitor function will only feed a clean signal to my ears when recording?

Below here is what I found in the manual. Any idea what a daisy chain is? I saw in the comment section of a YouTube video from Kemper that said they were planning on adding a tutorial on how to control the Kemper from within our select DAWs, but the video isn't out yet. I'm just trying to make sense of what the manual says about it, but I'm still confused as to how to set it up. Any advice is appreciated. Should the midi cable be plugged in to midi-out on the KPA and then in to my soundcard midi-in followed by setting "UI to MIDI" in System Settings?

Cool! Yeah, I guess it boils down to what type of music you play. U2 like music I'm sure they really dependant on it. I myself like to have it sutle, around 3-400ms and a mix of 45% to have that dreamy feel to it. Suits my songs better that way. Thanks for the tip on how to turn it off burkard

Thanks. That makes it more clear to me to use tempo for delay in spesific rare occasions where its needed. But why is tempo so prominent ? Tempo button flashing both on kpa and remote, always active on every new profile I make, like it's one of the main thing you should have ready by your foot.. So If it's mostly for delay effects; I don't understand why it's "up in your face' all the time. Unless I've missed some other core usage of this function.. (?). Manual doesn't tell me about the actual practical use of the tempo function, other than how it works.. This is a a question from a musical and practical perspective rather than technical, if you like :).

Kempermaniac That would be my next question. I tried adding the tempo I needed my song to go in, and on band practice it was not possible to hold that rhythm 100%. I started by loking at the tempo and playing it, but after a while we just played by feeling instead.. So I'm still very curious to what it's really good for. Why set the rhytmic value when you can set it in MS? What is the tap tempo good for. I was actually planning to make a thread for it trying to figure out how to turn it all of, because it's on by default on every new performance I make.. To me it seems more like an annoyance than of anything of value

That rig has been on the Rig Exchange for almost three years without any changes to it.

How did you load it onto your KPA, into what Mode, and then, what did you do with the chicken head knob?

Come to think of it, I don’t have 5.5.2 installed. I’ve got the Spring Reverb Beta installed. So, I won’t be able to exactly recreate your issue.

I loaded it in with Rig Manager. Dropped it on to my Kemper. Then I loaded it via browse mode. Played for a few minutes and tried to switch to performance mode. Nothing happened.. So I switched the chicken knob to tuner, nothing happened.. Then I started to try the stomp boxes, nothing happened. Then I started scrolling the browse wheel to unload/reload the profile, but nothing reacted.. It was stuck on your profile. Had to then force the KPA off.

Hmm I don' see the options you are describing under dual delay. I see mix (which I set to 100% wet), and then I see note value 1 and 2. And those cannot be set in milli seconds

EDIT: If I understand you correctly, there should also be a pan option in the dual delay, which I also can't seem to find. There is also no dry signal to be turned off there. Only the mix to 100% wet

SOLVED: Got it working. I had to turn off that annoying tempo thing. Then they were availaible

What spesific splawn amp are you referring to? I'm searching in the RE, but there are so many

you can use one of the delays to achieve that. If you want it in all rigs simply lock it.

I'm actually referring to the output signal, not delay effect itself. For example so that the signal reaches left speaker a few milliseconds after the right speaker. This is usually what I do in daw when panning duplicate tracks left and right

Thanks. Good point! No need for miccing when I can plug it directly :) do you happen to know if its possible to incorporate micro seconds delay to left or right? I have this place I'm gonna play at next Friday and gonna run dual xlr stereo. Figured it would sound more stereo if left and right are microseconds from each other :)

I wouldn't go there. Firstly, studio monitors aren't built to take the knocks of live use and the speakers are unprotected so may get damaged in transit. Secondly, they are designed to produce a good sound relatively close to the listener. They are unlikely to project sounds well in a live situation. Also, 70w isn't a lot of headroom so in order to get them loud enough for live use you run the risk of clipping the amp and damaging the speakers. It's not worth it I my opinion.

I see. But even if they were micced properly? I remember when I had Peavey Classic 30 back in the days, we micced it in to FOH, and the volume was only at 2.