Posts by deadman42

One of my alltime favorites... seen Tremonti a few times live... always delivered. Great song... and Eric has two Kempers on stage :thumbup:8)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Same stage, 2 years earlier, the great Rory... I love the bass solo in this one. Gary McAvoy is really a beast on the bass. So solid 8)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Pure energy back then. I remember that afternoon when I was a teenager and this concert was live on tv. I was so thrilled.

By the way not more than some 200km south of the city where Mr. Kemper is located... 8)

I'm looking into buying a pair of monitors (probably Adam T5V, no need for anything better as this is just a hobby for me).

Just my 2 cents: If it is your hobby then you deserve not less than the best you can get :)

Seriously you should get satisfying gear to listen to the Kemper's great sounds. And by the way the Adams are great monitors. Using the A7x here and they are pretty good.

I had a look at the Crank'n'go Pack but I am hesitant since I do not want to blow any more money... Does anyone have the pack and can recommend it?

Yes, I have and love it as stated above... the EVHs (both types), Friedman and Soldano's are super cool in it. The Mesa's not so much I have to say but enough good stuff in it for me...

I used my favorite profiles from Michael Britt, i.e. the 69 Marshall (with different cabs incl. V30), the EVH 5153 50W from the CrankNGo pack, the Driftwood pack and finally the CA OD 100 from the new 2020 pack. Really love that stuff, versatile and powerful.

Again the Driftwood pack is super for heavy guitars. And cheap as chips I'd say 8)

Not sure what you are really looking for in the end and what keeps you away from liking the sound of e.g. the Victory V50. If the Britt stuff does not resonate with you too much go for something different. Enough profilers out there in the market. That's the great thing about the Kemper. Enough choice and quality choice :)

Great one Per, as always. Great atmosphere, great flow and that hypnotic beat is awesome. Cool thing :thumbup:8)

Victory Amps is another example for an amp manufacturer who sells as well profiles of their own amps.

And I was thinking already quite some time if this in our digital age might not be a new business concept for some of the amp builders as well. Just build a prototype, create great profiles, sell profiles and never produce the amp head etc. physically in series. Sounds appealing but I assume you can't make a living out of this any more... :/

Tomorrow at band practice I will try it again.

Good thing. That will give you a different perspective compared to the headphones.

Just coming from my rehearsal and me and the guys were really enjoying it. Playing harder rock but not really metal. I used my favorite profiles from Michael Britt, i.e. the 69 Marshall (with different cabs incl. V30), the EVH 5153 50W from the CrankNGo pack, the Driftwood pack and finally the CA OD 100 from the new 2020 pack. Really love that stuff, versatile and powerful. Similar enough to please the sound guy (even with not only CL80) but different enough to express creative ideas and inspire a lot.

I understand those who are missing a bit of shine and sparkle on those profiles played at low volume. It took me a while to understand the beauty of Britt profiles in my early Kemper days but meanwhile they are really my foundation. And by the way I tweaked a lot of them with the Definition parameter to finalize them for me. The freebie Belchy Bomb 50 2- which meanwhile comes with the Kemper is such a hidden gem. Great character for classic rock sounds with enough dirt.

All a matter of personal taste for sure. I think there are a lot of alternatives available for those who need more high end frequencies. Keep testing and check different free profiles to learn what suits you best 8)

Very well done man, nice playing and great sound. Those 2020 profiles are absolutely great and pretty versatile. Good job and thanks for sharing here :thumbup:8)

Hi, welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. That will be once we discovered what causes the issue you describe.

To me it sounds like something is locked, i.e. the amp as such. Is the light of the Lock key on? If so please press it to see what is locked and unlock this.

They all start with muddy clean sound and once I increase the gain the tone is becoming more digital.

Increasing the gain will most likely give you sub-optimal to useless results on the Kemper as it is just an extrapolation of the machine of how it could sound then. That's not a good way to get more gain. But in your case it rather seems like there is always the same amp on.

Finally: Contact support if the issue persists. Kemper guys are incredibly helpful and typically motivated to get every user satisfied.

Fingers crossed that you solve it...

how can I read the whole name of the profile when it doesn’t fit in the display?

Sorry, no idea as I am working with the RigManager all the time when I am creating Performances and selecting profiles. On the computer screen it's way more overview in such a big pack as Bert's BE100 stuff.

Some trebly fizzyness to it.

Yes, I see, I had a similar experience when I got the pack. But I anyway always put an EQ in the X effects slot with high and low cut. With Bert's BE100 profiles I'm cutting the highs at around 8,5khz or even a bit lower and the lows below 100hz. That cleans it up nicely and makes it ready for the sound guy. No fizz anymore 8)

By the way with the next official release of the firmware Kemper will introduce the high/low cut as a standard in the Output section.