Posts by texhex

RM 2.3.9.14935 64bit

KAOS 7.0.5.14942B

Windows 7

While in Browser mode, every time I make a change to any of the data in the Inspector frame the Profiler gets stuck on "Syncing Rigs... " until I close Rig Manager.

In the attached screen shots (1-4) I start by just clicking on and off of the Favorites box and you can see the changes indicated in the bottom status bar of Rig Manager. The green status bar changes in size, but it goes backwards and does not move at all until I make another change to the data in the Inspector frame.

Every time I make a change to the Inspector data this happens and the Profiler displays "Syncing Rigs... " until I close Rig Manager.

Once I close Rig Manager the "Syncing Rigs... " message on the Profiler disappears and it functions normally.

I'm having a hard time understanding Direct profiles or profiles when I remove the cab and use the Kemper through a solid state amp and into a real 4x12.

There is a pretty big difference of how my amps sound through real cabs (AITR) vs when the cabs are micd or through a reactive load w/ IR. The EQ settings that I have to change on the amp for AITR vs. micd cab or IR through headphones or FRFR are very different.

If part of a profile of an amp is the result of the pefect EQ settings for a micd cab, then how reasonable is it to think that I will be able to use a Direct profile or no cab profile and run that through a SS amp and into a real guitar cab and be able to adjust the EQ or EQs to compensate for the AITR difference?

This is where I keep thinking about the Fractal/Helix and how I can adjust the EQ or several EQs (think Mesa 5 band, etc.) and not have to worry about it compromising the inherent sounds of the modeled amp vs. a static capture in time of a profile.

I'm probably just going to have to play around with it and see what I can do with the EQ on a Direct or no cab profile when trying to get it to sound good for AITR.

Any thoughts or experiences?

I have a power rack due to arrive in a couple of days. Having owned Fractal and Line6 before I have a question about the single mono output on the power rack. What does it do to the stereo effects when sent to a single 4x12 cab. Are they summed mono?

Does it destroy the integrity of the effect, say ping pong delay or stereo reverbs, they get summed mono and something has to happen to the L and R signals. I remember on the Fractal AX8 having the cab block behind the reverb block and it sounded horrible because it wasn’t in stereo.

What has everyone’s experience been with stereo effects summed to mono out of the power output? How much are the effects changed, good, bad, indifferent?

I'm looking at a Power Rack and the particular one I'm looking at has a green chassis. Gray front but green chassis. I haven't seen one with a green chassis before, only black/dark gray. Does anyone know about when the green chassis Power Racks were produced?