Posts by texhex

I know there is Panorama in the Rig section but there really needs to be a Left/Right balance adjustment in the Output section.

Please point me in the right direction if I just can't find this, otherwise I think this would be a great addition. Thank you.

Just have to ask, are you sure or is this just something I should try? I ask as Burkhard said earlier I'm at a the version (8.6.6) that should be supported by the latest Rig Manager. And my OS didnt change...

I have not updated firmware via USB for awhile. Are there instructions?

Ok. I missed that you were on the latest version.

Try:

1. Turn off Kemper and unplug Kemper from your computer

2. Uninstall Rig Manager, reboot, reinstall.

3. Plug Kemper into computer.

4. Turn on Kemper, wait for it to fully start up.

5. Start Rig Manager.

1. Unplug the Kemper from your computer.

2. Update the Kemper OS via a USB drive and wait for it to finish, the Kemper will reboot it's self.

3. Once the update is finished and the Kemper has rebooted, turn off the Kemper.

4. Uninstall Rig Manager, reboot your computer and then reinstall Rig Manager.

5. Close Rig Manager.

6. Plug the Kemper back into your computer via USB.

7. Turn on the Kemper and wait for it to boot.

8. Open Rig Manger and it should connect to the Kemper.

does it also make that sound when already paired with the IOS app? could be just it is searching for a device.

Yes it does. Once paired to the iPad and app the pulsing sound continues.

After a little more troubleshooting I can confirm that this only happens on the 1/4" outputs from the Kemper.

It does not happen when using the XLR outputs from the Kemper.

I get the pulsing sound to any interface (Helix or Komplete Audio 6) when using the 1/4" outputs from the Kemper. The XLR outputs do not carry over the pulsing sound.

I'm using a Helix Floor as a digital interface to my computer over USB, connecting the Kemper to it via the Helix 1/4" Returns and Kemper Main 1/4" Outs. I'm experiencing a pulsing sound in my DAW when selecting the Access Point Mode WiFi connection. The pulsing sound stops if I select Home Network Mode. See video below. Adjusting the Grounding Options under System settings has no effect on this pulsing sound. You will also notice that the pulsing sound is in sync/rhythm with the LED lights on the Stage. The pulsing sound continues after I connect an iPad to the Access Point Mode connection.

I do not get this pulsing sound when I connect my Stage directly to a different digital interface (Komplete Audio 6) *edit - (when using Kemper XLR outputs)*

If you have a Helix Floor sitting around you may want to test this for yourselves prior to releasing the Beta to Production. I would imagine that there are other people using this same configuration.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Can the next release please have a setting that turns off the power light when the unit is powered off?

It would be very nice to not have to unplug the Stage or use a surge protector to work around the light staying on.

RM 3.0.124 for windows. If I change an effect in RM the block name updates to the new effect name. If I then change to a new Rig that has a different effect in the same block, the block name in RM does not update, it still shows the previous effect name. The Profile does change to the different effect, RM just does not show the Rig's effect name, RM shows the previous effects name. No blocks are locked.

why would you want to make a Studio profile with the IR baked in?

would it not be better, easier and more flexible to make a Direct Amp Profile using a loadbox (I have Two Notes Torpedo Reload and WoS) and simply load any IR you want into the preset section of RM. that way you can mix and match properly without the KPA having to guess which part of the sound is amp and which part is speaker then separate these out to let you try a different IR.

I have been making direct profiles straight from the output of the Captor with no IR, using the No Cabinet option when making the profile. They never sound as good as real amp when I A/B them against each other. The amp always is a little sweeter and has more gain and an EQ curve I can't easily recreate in the Kemper using the Kemper EQ. These profiles with the IR baked in sound exactly like the amp and require zero EQ after the profile is made.

You can use a Two Notes Captor (or any Reactive Load with a DI Output) and an Impulse Response (IR) loader in your DAW to act a a cab for making Profiles with your Kemper. I used Reaper and Helix Native as an IR loader but any DAW and IR loader will work.

I didn't use any high or low cuts on the IR but you can adjust to taste. The Profiles come out absolutely perfect.

Diagram of how to setup the hardware:

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/ZNYaxXY.png]

Anyone tried the Kemper with the go-to noise cancelling headphones from Sony / Bose?

I have been using Bose QC35 (wired) with the noise cancelling enabled and they sound fantastic. Enabling the noise canceling utilizes the built in amp in the headphones and also eliminates mostly all background noise. Using them wired also keeps the battery usage very low because there is no Bluetooth connection to maintain.

OP, based on what you said in your post it's perfectly acceptable to run the XLR outs to the monitors, they do not have to go to a desk. Don't get caught up in the terminology or what is or isn't supposed be. Run the XLR's directly to your powered monitors, set the volume on the monitors at the highest level you like and control the volume from the Kemper. It's works wonderfully this way.

What you need:

• A stereo Cab
    • A Kemper
    • An Amp
    • A Power Amp
    • A Two Notes Captor

If you have a stereo Cab (or two Cabs) you can make Profiles of your Amp and A/B your Kemper and Amp in real-time. You can get AITR A/B comparisons and do so at levels that won't make you go deaf.

I've been doing this all morning and it's fantastic. Nice and easy to tweak the Kemper and hear it and the Amp through the same Cab. When you do the A/B between the Kemper and the Amp you will hear the Kemper on one side of the Cab and then the Amp on the other side of the cab.

Connect everything as shown below and then create a Profile as you normally would with the Kemper.

Diagram of how to connect all the pieces and parts: