Posts by scott4est

I have recently noticed this problem and have successfully isolated it to being an issue with Kemper's Volume Pedal technology.

As long as I don't touch my Volume Pedal, everything works as expected and volumes between patches and system are maintained correctly.

However, as soon as I touch the Volume Pedal, everything gets messed up.

Also, as soon as I unplug the Volume Pedal, the issue is immediately resolved.

As a temporary workaround, I've configured my patches to just have a volume increase when I click a the currently activated switch a second time.

This is definitely an unacceptable issue for any professional environment and I really need to get this resolved.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I'm also going to follow up with Tech Support and will update this post if I learn anything useful.

Current OS - 8.6.6.32765

OS Build Date - Oct 26 2021 16:53:29

DSP Date - Sep 17 2021 15:24

I'm using the Kemper Profiler head with built in 600w amp.

I always run directly to Front-Of-House in stereo for all gigs and never use the power amp.

I have recently noticed this same issue.

In my case, I've successfully isolated it to being an issue with Kemper's Volume Pedal technology.

As long as I don't touch my Volume Pedal, everything works as expected and volumes between patches and system are maintained correctly.

However, as soon as I touch the Volume Pedal, everything gets messed up.

Also, as soon as I unplug the Volume Pedal, the issue is immediately resolved.

As a temporary workaround, I've configured my patches to just have a volume increase when I click a the currently activated switch a second time.

This is definitely an unacceptable issue for any professional environment and I really need to get this resolved.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I'm also going to follow up with Tech Support and will update this post if I learn anything useful.

Current OS - 8.6.6.32765

OS Build Date - Oct 26 2021 16:53:29

DSP Date - Sep 17 2021 15:24

I'm using the Kemper Profiler head with built in 600w amp.

I always run directly to Front-Of-House in stereo for all gigs and never use the power amp.

Just had this same issue after upgrading to the latest Profiler OS (7.5.4 19312) and Rig Manager (3.0.136.16374).

Tried everything - switching USB cable, updating Windows 10, etc.

Eventually, I checked Device Manager in Windows 10 and my Profiler showed up with the correct name but had a question mark next to it.

I right-clicked the Profiler and selected "Update driver" and suddenly everything starting syncing and working properly again.

Hopefully, this helps.

The MASTER VOLUME is only a volume control, nothing more - it doesn't add saturation or change the EQ of the signal, any perceived difference is due to the Equal Loudnes Contour effect of human hearing.

I understand the MASTER VOLUME is only a volume control. However, I also know the more you increase the volume applied to a speaker, the more effect it has on the speaker and ultimately the sound. For example, listen to one of your favorite songs on your home stereo with the volume @ 1. Now, listen to the same song (without changing any other setting) with the volume @ 5. It will absolutely sound different. That's how it was for me with the MBritt profiles. It was like I was listening to them at 1 when I should have been listening to them at 5. Because of this, my speakers weren't being "pushed" enough and so the MBritt profiles sounded flat. I know I'm only talking about a difference of approximately 7db, but for me, it was a huge difference in the final sound. Also, I know there's probably another million very technical reasons as well but I think this was the biggest factor in my case.

I too had the exact same experience as the OP. While some of my patches sounded fantastic (ex. Morgan AC20 by rmpacheco), the MBritt profiles were a real disappointment for me. Eventually, after some troubleshooting I found my issue was that my 'Master Volume' setting was not compatible with the MBritt profiles. My 'Master Volume' was set to about -15db, which I choose to never adjust, in order to keep life simple. However, once I raised my 'Master Volume' to -8db, the MBritt profiles suddenly became fantastic too. So, once I modified the profiles that sounded good before the change (like the rmpacheco one) by lowering their 'Rig Volume', the world became my oyster. :)Hopefully, this helps.