Posts by jonnoras57

Hi Newtone. I couldn’t find the presets either using either method suggested by Wheresthedug. I was watching some YouTube tutorials and someone mentioned that the factory presets are not searchable using the methods above and are only available using the contextual drop down menus. What I have decided to do is save EVERY preset to a separate folder (ie reverb, delay, wah etc) so they are like a user saved preset. I can then search them using Wheresthedugs methods above. I’ll admit it’s taking ****ing ages. What a pain. Hope you have better luck.

Hi again. Sorry about this but when I follow the steps (exactly) in your video I have hardly any presets to call on. Under the search for distortion I only have 4 presets, chorus has none, delay has eight etc. Am I missing something - do I need to save these presets to my local folder? When I look at yours you have all the FX types AND all the presets. Is there a way to batch save the these. I have attached three screenshots. Cheers Jon

Thanks for the reply. Don’t agree with Kemper at all. What if I want to audition presets in a single effect or stomp block without changing any of the parameters. Seems daft to me. What if I want to base a number of my own effects on the same preset.
    I disagree with you about contextual menus. It’s a real pain having to keep clicking the same menus every time. Your point about about putting in search criteria presupposes you know what model of distortion you’re looking for - which I don’t. I am a seasoned guitarist but have no interest in learning what Klon, Screamer, Mouse, Horizon etc mean in terms of sound differences. I would need to understand the sound differences between EVERY type of wah, chorus, reverb, delay, distortion, EQ, flanger, phaser etc. to work like that. I simply don’t have the time or the memory capacity (as I’m getting on in years). My way of working is to load a preset and hopefully be inspired to either play or tweak. There’s nothing worse(for me) than wasting time and inspiration on repeated menu clicking.
    Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Hi. Sorry if this has been requested before. When editing in Rig Manager (which I use all the time) if, for example I want to load a distortion effect I have to scroll through every type of distortion type, then load a preset. If I’m auditioning a preset but then want to choose another preset, I have to go through the entire process again (which I suppose is ok - a bit time wasteful though) however, is there anyway Kemper could implement a means of indicating which preset I have already loaded - perhaps with a tick or something. If I’m looking at a list of 30 presets I find it difficult to remember which preset I’ve already loaded. How about a right click function on the Icon of the FX block itself to take me to the preset list. I know people will no doubt say it’s only a few clicks but it’s the same repeated clicks EVERY time I want to load a new preset. This gets really cumbersome if my rig has wah, chorus, booster, eq, reverb etc. Be gentle. Cheers. Jon.

Hi Burkhard. Thanks for the reply. I tried what you suggested to no avail. However, I noticed my pedal settings were swapped (something which I did not do). I can only think an OS update has for some reason swapped my pedal settings (so pedal 1 was pedal 2 and pedal 2 was pedal 1). Its sorted though. Thanks for taking the time. Many thanks Jon

Hi. I hope you can help. I have the kemper (toaster) updated to the newest version and the rig manager also updated to the newest version. The input (pedal 2) keeps triggering the morph control without any intervention from me. If I remove the switching lead it stops. Any one else had this issue. It still triggers the morph and / or the other pedal controls even if the lead is not plugged into my mission expression pedal. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Jon