Posts by atalwar

In Case You haven't figured it out yet -

You can use return inputs for processing any signal through the the Effects Slots)

Use the first slot X (as stereo/mono loop).

Very useful when you want to process some other source through same kemper Reverbs/delays chains.
    It even gets better if you put in a small mixer in the fx Loop (multiple sources), or even master mixer aux sends.

You can also route your kemper send to the mixer and back in, or just use the mix knob on X slot.

Not using the Guitar? You can disable the stack and then use the stomp fx as mono effect chain on another signal simultaneously.

Just Keep your gain staging proper and in check.

Having a patchbay makes these connections and experiments a breeze.

I don't know if anybody tried already or using it.

but routing the signal from a synth to Kemper and trying some guitar or bass sims and fx makes for some really nice gritty or otherwise unique sounds.

I tried with some of my analog synths (Moog Sub37, pulse, peak..) and its been an instant joy, works really well on mono synths.

The Trick is to use the Direct Mix on the Amp module (or bypass amp module) or just run a parallel signal into kemper.

Add to that some creative Fx and you are in Sound Design Paradise.

Use Quad Delay and set feedback to : 0

It lets you set the volume of each tap and you can adjust the timings on each.

Adjust mix to liking.

Also with any general delay, last few will always be less saturated as there is less buildup of volume (from previous note).

If you want to avoid this do it the opposite way. increase mix to above 100% so that the delay level is more than actual level. reduce the first two taps so they are around same level as incoming signal, then adjust/boost the last 2 taps volume. add a boost or little compression after this and it should be close.

Probably more a multiband, transparent limiter is what I'm thinking might do the job for the OP, Bryan.

GeoZorbas , you might want to try one of these on the recorded signal, mate.

That said, once you start mixing, I doubt you'll want to retain all the frequency-band gains you've made 'cause they'll clash with and mask existing frequencies of the other instruments, creating a mess.

So true, when mixing you gonna be hp/Hs the guitars at around 600-700 to leave room for kick and Bass. Dividing the signal into multiple freq and multiplying is what a graphic eq does. You are only altering the amplitude by multiplying. To thicken you need to alter freq content itself.

Try mixing in a detuned copy( few cents) with very small delay (5-20 ms) on a parallel bus (you can also crush this bus through a compressor).

I however doubt you can do all this inside the kemper alone as we only have one bus (channel).

Glad you found something that helps you. :)

Just for the record, this unit is NOT a power conditioner, it's a power distributor with EMI/RFI filtering. :)

Power conditioners are heavy (and usually pretty expensive) beasts that not only incorporate EMI/RFI filtering but also power regulation for a steady and isolated voltage supply using a toroidal transformer.

Ahh, yes,

I already have a 5KVA Conditioner installed at mains along with dedicated 2KVA SineWave UPS for audio gear. But those more or less deal with quantity of power as opposed to quality.

I recently replaced my SD JB/Jazz set with an EMG KK Set (81/85 + preamp) in my LTD ET1000. And they sound fine with Kemper. The Preamp though gets a bit Hot, But I don't have them up too close either. The dynamics are definitely different than passives but I assumed that is a given with actives.

When Using EMG I have the distortion sens down to -12 and clean to around -6

Have you tried them with 18v. That will give them more headroom/breathing space.

Apart from Lars Luettge pack give the Guidorist pack a try too. He also has EMG actives installed.

If I have both L and R monitor out cables connected, does the profiter Switch to Stereo mode (like physical switching in the jacks)? or does it always run stereo regardless of number of cables connected.

I would like to have the both both outputs always connected to My Patchbay, but depending on needs may use it either as stereo or mostly mono for recordings.

I also intend to use the patchbay for send and return so I can bring in any external processors quickly (post) .

In a nutshell I don't want to reach behind the profiler Everytime I want to switch between mono and stereo.

I'm afraid not . This is BLE device and not standard MIDI device.

It Works,

I just tested with Yamaha BT-01 connected to Kemper and my Macbook.

The Midi Device does not need to be BTLE as that is what the adapter does, it converts standard midi DIN I/O to BT. Only condition that midi ports should have sufficient power to run the dongle.

There is some issue while syncing stomp presets though as the software hangs or crashes. Likely due to large amount of sysex that the bt device cant handle.

The Problem with such noise is that the note decay suffers. As the note decays (sustains), the noise increases.

Good line conditioner might help if its a line issue (I am going to get one myself) .

For a Post Recording Fix Waves Z-Noise and IIRC IZOTOPE RX7 both offer noise removal via noise profiling. that you can run your tracks through with some isolated sample of noise for the profile. These don't work well while tracking due to latency.

I don't usually bring all my guitars to similar levels as I like variation in tone and response of different guitars/pickups.

However, I always have some boost pedal in chain before my amps and same with Kemper.

I when i need to, I either use a self built Klon Centaur Clone (with gain/distortion at 0 or a little bit) or a self designed multi-boost pedal that can be clean (like MXR Microamp) or can introduce and switch various clipping stages like Si,Ge, Assym LED etc..

Fender strats with original pickup design are inherently noisy. They pick up hum, RFI etc from the environment - electric motors, light dimmers, switching power supplies, CRT monitors, computers are all noise sources. Solution for single coils is noiseless pickups of some type (EMG, Kinman etc) or use guitars with humbuckers.

Not just Strats, Teles too.

My somewhat new tele and any other sc gits, only works good at my home around 11:00 PM thru 4-5 A.M there is some external (to my home) noise source that creeps in all other times.

My Strat has a BPNCS installed to kill SC hum and that works out quite good.

For the OT:

Since I am not soft-monitoring through my DAW, I can relax the buffer and most daws take care of any any sample delay automatically.

I use Steinberg UR-44, or Iconnectaudio 4+ if am portable (or using ipad pro for daw).

and my Soundcraft MTK 22 if Need more inputs (synths , kronos) or need to use my outboard gear or summing.

Hi All,

New Here, Just got my profiler few days back.

While Browsing a few rigs my Kemper froze and wouldn't respond (even setting it to power off did not work).

It also hangs on me if i Connect an Apple usb keyboard to it. ( I am since using a Logitech Wireless Keyboard that works).

anyways I have to pull its cable from back to get it to reboot.

Is it common for it to hang/freeze at times?
    I don't play live and profiler is mainly for recordings.

THX.