Posts by lewybadewy

Thanks for the suggestion for a different mic amp! I’ll certainly check this out. When I plug straight into the headphone output I have to have it on -90 db as it’s super loud straight into IEMs, the sound is completely different to sound out of speakers / FOH, and is the same as the sound that comes out when I go through the mixer into my in ears.

Hi everyone,

I’ve had my Kemper rack for a few years and have recently moved over to playing with in ears. The sound out FOH or through speakers at home is great, but the sound coming through the In ears is completely different. It’s a lot more distorted, thin, and just lacks all decent qualities. Clean sounds are not too bad but it’s mainly with any kind of overdriven tones it gets way worse.

Does anyone have any tips on how to make this sound better?

I Run my Kemper rack to a Behringer Air X mixer through XLR (Mono), and then back out through XLR ( mono) to a Behringer P2 which I plug my in ears too. I’m using the UE 18 pro so plenty of drivers!

Thanks in advance8)

So I run my powered Kemper rack through a Vox cab ( Passive ) with the cab simulator off, but I also need to run some sound back to the desk to run through the monitors for the rest of the band, and a little bit in the PA to get the sound out from front of house.

The sound that is coming back to the PA is terrible, because it has no Cab sim on so sounds really tinny etc.

Is there a way of getting around this?

I need to ideally have the sound coming back to the desk to have the Cab sim on, but the sound out my cab to have the cab sim off.

At the moment im running a direct line out the monitor output, but ive also tried the L and R outputs.

Many thanks in advance for any help!