Posts by Steve5478

I don’t think it’s so much a matter of the Kone being specifically designed for the Kemper but rather that the DSP is happening in the Kemper rather than in the powered speaker enclosure itself. It is the DSP that makes the speakers sound “flat” or like another speaker in the case of the imprints.

The only other brand i know who offers the "amp in the room" solution with cabs simulations is L6 with their Powercab family. All is integrated into the device.

The advantage is that you can use it with every modelers on the market, you just have to disable the speaker simulation on the modeler.

The drawback is that you have to buy this expensive all-in-one solution...

Kemper started from the observation that poeple who would want a Kone/Kabinet would owned a Profiler. The possibility to only buy a speaker is really good ! :thumbup:

Farther than the funny solution i suggested, they could launched a all-in-one Powered solution with DSP on board....

The reason why i suggested this :

:) ;)

Honestly I've never tried using this with an Acoustic guitar (have to use one, cannot show up with an Electric...maybe with my Hollowbody Piezo)

Sorry, i understood that you were going to use your electric guitar..... :sleeping: X/

May be, you can use this :

Or this :

I don't know if you've done it but why don't you try internal acoustic effect simulation ?

I had some acoustic rigs and use it in all of mine....

TJ did that vid 3 years ago :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I agree with you that sometimes the difference will be minimal.

On the other side, i've bought a Mickeal Kelly (my avatar) cause i loved the style and color :love: , i disliked the sound on vids and when i bought it, it was the same ; i replaced them. It was night and day and the sound is just glorious, i love it.

But finally, i don't play it cause Lespaul style is just not done for me....I don't feel confortable at all on it (or not as i do on a Strat/superstrat)....And i'm really not sure switching to a NOS Gibson will improve something about this state of fact.

Interesting disgression ! ;)

I've just seen so many corksniffing people worry about the tiniest detail about their guitar, the finish thickness, cable type, IEC cable type, tube brand, potentiometer brand etc. etc., then go on stage looking horrible staring at their feet all night. They would have been way better off paying less attention to all of that and more to their stage presence which is going to be way more noticeable to the people paying them.

I have seen good players playing all levels of gear. Why do people assume that if someone has expensive gear that they can't play as well as they do? I have made a decent amount of money playing my guitar. I use a variety of guitars and other gear, some expensive and some not. Should we all be ridiculed for having an expensive Kemper on the stage?

To me these complaints sound more like jealousy. I have seen people crap all over PRS guitars, until they can afford to get one. Then they brag about them to everyone. I have never subscribed to any of this. We all get to spend our money on whatever we want to. It has nothing to do with your level of skill.

IMO, and following what i've bought/done during all these years with my rigs, my conclusion is : the most important is the chain between Pickups (really important) to speaker, rest is wind.

I've already bought a sommer cable and the incidence on the sound was real.

I broke it and didn't buy another one. I don't record and play in a band at rehearsal and gigs so it's less important.... But if i would be led to record, i would probably improve this part...

It's not a question of opposing good players with cheap device versus bad players with high end ones....

It's just a question of telling honestly what have an incidence on the sound and how.... I join Dynochrome about guitar's detail and some guitarist snobery or cutting hair for nothing....

I've fallen in this trap to think that changing device/guitar should make me a better guitarist....

It's better to buy a good rig from the beginning cause you'll keep it and won't waste money (and time) to change and switch your devices all over the years but it's less and less probant nowdays (poeple love owning and/or changing).

If i had an advice to tell to a beginner it would be ; go and try the guitar in a shop, choose the one on which you feel most confortable, if you dislike the sound ; change pickups.... Done... Enjoy ;) :)

I think some justify the 1000/2000€ more (or even more ;) ) with sound improvement arguments but in my experience it's not true.... The wood is rarer, the polish/finish is better, you like beautifull object and pay for it ; there's no problem about that...You prefer paying more for american workers instead of asian ones, (the cost is not the same of course).... It's a choice.

I can make an analogy with photography. I've bought a good tripod years ago. This is one rare thing i've kept and cameras have turned over...

Do you feel the sound better or not ?

It should be the case when you disable the cab sim cause you have a speaker sim go into an actual speaker....

Just tick "Monitor Cab off" as adviced there's no link with Kones speakers, don't checkmark Kemper Kone....And use monitor or speaker output....

All is explain in this video ;) :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There are other tutorial vids on Kemper's website

Wiring and stereo/mono effect is not automatically linked.

You have your Profiler, you gonna plug into the Thuder 99 2 inputs and go to each speaker inputs.

If you want stereo or mono, just select it in profiler output section...Done, no problem with impedance....

There would have been a problem if you were wiring in serie and want to obtain stereo...

This unit will be sold cause ;

- No-one is linked to a brand nowdays and you can own 5-6 different brand multi-FXs at the same time

- The sound must be Excellent when i read all good opinions about Tone master serie (and i don't judge with vids :rolleyes: ;) )

- The screen and FXs/Amps representation is just Wahou :love:

- Many don't care about buying a 2000€ unit just to try....

- It's a good thing they lanched dedicated FRFR Tone master at the same time

It won't cause :

- It's too expensive

- It's a Helix-Quad Cortex-Headrush like, every one wants the original ^^

- Users are happy with the unit they have, know it perfectly, obtain the sounds they want and belong to a huge community

- Poeple are afraid of wasting money in a Fender modeling unit (as for the cybertwin 8o  :rolleyes: ). But i assume Fender has understood how competitors have done to succeed ; reliability, exchange rigs, ergonomics, long life products with (free) updates (even if i don't know if it's in Fender's policy to do regular updates... i think rather they launch a successfull product they make softly evolve)....

I'm impatient to discover the Marshall and Vox One ;) :/

Reading all the discussions, I see, there are some people saying "We don't need all the stuff you require", but: They seem to be very traditional in there sound shaping. That is ok! Many of the features came by software updates, like the ability of acting as an interface, which was a big NO for some people because they feared a cost increase. And we get liquid profiling. And we got all of it for free! Maybe a lot more features can be enabled (MIDI over USB???)

IMO, it's not a question of cost. All the competitors do updates for free.

The NO can be split into 2 categories ;

- Poeple who think they won't use an option. But at the end, they recognize it's rather practical and they use it (a lot)... I remember what i said about my keyless vehicules' option ;) :D

- Poeple who know they will not use some fonctionnality ;

I've played with parallel Cabs/Combo on another modeler, at the end, all my preset were basics.

For me, it brought nothing i needed.... I could have a Fender for the intro, a Marshall for the solo (so on the same "preset'") but stopped mixing amps.... Same behavior as performance....

Exactly !

I don't know if this device will work or not.... On one side, i would like Fender to be recognized for that new product but i would like modelers' prices to go down too. I bought my Helix LT 750€ in 2017, it's 1050€ now :/

I've seen with my Cybertwin that if it's not a traditionnal combo, it's denigrated.... I have not sold it cause it's really cheap vs the day i bought it ;( X/ :cursing:

I've read a lot of bad opinions about it on the web while i like the sound it produces... IMO, very good product but just discredited...

Tone master familly : the same. I think if i would like to buy a Twin, i would buy a Tone master.

All i wanted to say, even for Gibson, is that when they purpose new alternatives they are not followed....Their products are shunned....

NO, buy a heavy second hand Fender Twin instead of the electronic one, sound is night and day, even if you can't ply it at home :wacko: :rolleyes: :/

One advantage nowdays is that poeple are less linked to one brand and owns many devices, we gonna see a lot of reviews that will say this new stuff is very good, etc....

Hello,

It's amazing we have "amp in the room" with Kones or Kabinets.

All the settings are integrated into our profilers so we can make our owns Kabinets just buying a (or 2/4/8 ^^ ) Kone speakers ; Thx a lot C.Kemper :thumbup:

On the other hand, due to its design, it's not able to obtain a FRFR speaker just plugin another modeler.

I want to save money :/ (this device would have a cost, so this part is not obvious) and, above all, space at home and it would be very excellent to have a small device to bring the same behaviour;

A little box, a screen and a button to select FRFR or imprints, 2 inputs, 2 outputs (for stereo), a midi input to change imprints and a USB input for updates (cause we gonna have new "imprints" ;) ;) ;) ;) )

This way, we could plug every modeler on the market, disable their cab section and obtain amp in the room. Or use FRFR too of course....

Fender has been doing modeling for 20 plus years. Longer than Fractal, longer than Kemper. Of the major names, Line6 is the only one in the game longer, and they were low-rent for quite a while. People initially laughed at the release of the Helix...but stopped laughing just as quickly.

If you look a the progression, they've been building up or a long while. The entire industry is headed this way. The 10 ton Gorilla (Fender Musical Instruments) staying out of it? Nah.

True but the main problem is the brand "image".

Fender is known for combos, Twins, Tweed, deluxe (and strat, tele ;))

Marshall idem.

They've each launched modeling combos but never a dedicated modeling unit... On the other hand, they could sell the same units for 60/70 years, cause poeple wanted that and nothing else.... Who reminds Gibson Lespaul modern 2017 ? It was a flop...It lasts one year...the shape was not liked imo....

Line 6, Fractal, Kemper have started with a modeling (or profililng ;) :) ) unit that has to be plugged in....

Line 6 has done devices that they didn't sell too.... Powercab for example, it's a good unit but in front of Helix sales, i find the number of owners not important. Line 6 don't put it forward, you don't know if it's discontinued....There are no updates of very few.... I've owned a L6 firehawk before my helix LT ; it was stillborn....

One of the first modeler with an app to set it up.... Laughed at cause it was too geeky.... A lot of competitors do the same nowdays and it's a good thing.

No need to say that it was hard to sell it only one year after... X( :rolleyes:

It's not too late but it takes time to change all that...

The Cyber Twin was released in 2001

I bought one in 2001 and always have it (like it even i don't play it often) ;)

I had a mustang V2 20W too, it was fun to play at home.

IMO, they really do a mistake with this price level...

I agree Line 6 had done a bet with Helix cause they change their range price from amateur to professionnal (and they succeeded). But there were only Fractal and Kemper upper range price and Helix was cheaper. After, L6, a lot of modelers followed the same way ; Boss GT-1000, headrush floor, MOOER GE-300, ZOOM G11 :rolleyes: . And QUAD CORTEX...

We have a lot of choice, all those devices communities have grown and exchanged a lot of knowledges/presets during years.

Fender arrives with a high level price but i don't remember a Fender multi-effects pedal board, it's a Helix/Quad Cortex mixed like....They arrive after the battle....

I'm not a marketing strategist but, imo, they should come like Helix did (at 1000€ in this case), just to make poeple hesitate and try another (imo good) possible solution.....

I hope i'm wrong but they've launched other really good products that they don't sell....I don't think they sell a lot of Tone master combo even it can be a really really good solution. But tube snobs don't look at it and others jump to modelers....

I assume they could have added this fonctionnality in rig manager for the Stage cause we have two soft buttons to jump from a mode to another one, the problem is that Head and Rack have a physical chicken head knob. So there would be a hardware difference position from the real state....

You should buy a head (and a remote) ;) :)