Posts by bodhibard

Yeah, indeed, great story. And thanks for sharing including the nice feedback to the folks in the forum here. Which indeed is a great place to be because so many polite, nice and knowledgeable people are around here.

Very happy to hear that all went well with the first gig. I think that's important to make it a great starting point for more. Best wishes for the next gigs and enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do... :thumbup:8)

I appreciate it. I’ve definitely learned a lot here.

Hi ST,

Thanks for the feedback and links, and apologies for my mistake.

For years my main rig has been a Mark V. I'm in a classic rock cover band (three of us since the 1970s!), playing everything from Stones to Rush to Steely Dan. My back and I have been searching for a lighter weight solution for years. I tried many non-tube solutions, but was never completely satisfied. I bought a Kemper in late 2019, and opened the box with plans to spend the evening learning how to use it. But I just played all night. Because it sounded magical straight out of the box.

With our drummer living in a different state, and the pandemic, I only just last night got to gig with it. I was apprehensive about trying it out with the band for the first time at a live show. I did that once before with my Helix Rack and was disappointed (not to blame the Helix; I'm just too lazy to earn a college degree in Helix tone school).

So I got an Atomic CLR NEO MK II. I bought several Michael Britt packs. I barely tweaked his '68 Marshall Plexi 50w performance from the 2020 pack, and relied on it for the full gig. And I lurked on these forums and learned some invaluable tips for using the Kemper live. You guys are awesome.

Many people commented on my tone and how good it sounded, some saying the best yet. And it sounded great onstage. I was quite comfortable with the "mic'd tube amp in the next room coming out a high quality monitor". It felt very close to having a tube amp behind me in terms of responsiveness and synergy with the band.

I guess I have a new main rig now.