Posts by CarloLf

First things I notice which is now obviously working fine:

- make changes in Performance mode with RigManager, save them with RigManager, and the changes are saved on the Stage. Fine!

- switch with the foot button to another performance, and now RigManager is noticing it and shows the new rig with the right effect chain chosen there. Also, when you switch to another slot by foot, this is syncd in RigManger.

This is great now, because before this was a really annoying thing!

Handbücher sind in Deutsch, und deutsche Foren gibt es auch. Wo ist das Problem??? Deswegen wieder auf eine Röhre zurückzugehen ist doch wohl ein Witz.

Now we have a new Beta version of the OS (7.1.11) and RigManager(3.0.88), which is fine.

Bad policy to open a new public Beta version and just saying this in the changelog:

"RigManager: - Various Fixes

OS Beta: - Optimisations for Rig Manager 3"

How should we know which errors are considered fixed so we can test if it now really works?

Bad policy to open a new public Beta version and just saying this in the changelog:

"RigManager: - Various Fixes

OS Beta: - Optimisations for Rig Manager 3"

How should we know which errors are considered fixed so we can test if it now really works?

And a new strange thing happened today. I am in Browse mode and press the Shutdown Button, some seconds or even until the progress ruler comes to end. Stage will not shutdown! Then, I just pressed the Perform button, and then, voilà, it shortly shows the last performance rig and then it immediately shuts down. (RigManager is running).

I gave it another try, closeing RigManager first, restartet the Stage and tried Shutdown button. Same behaviour as above.

Well, the point is: I installed the new OS software some days ago, and Shutdown worked until today...

Just found another annyoing with 7.1.9. After pressing the Save button on a new profile I made with my amp, I could not find it anymore in Profiler Stage nor in RigManager. Although, I am not sure if I myself made a mistake in this process. Will try on another time.

CORRECTION:

In fact, the profiled amp was stored. But it was stored with the referenced amp, so I at first could not find the profile. This is a thing you can easily stumble into.

The up-switch on my new kemper stage is not working

It did not working from the first trials you did on the machine? I had this strange behaviour just some weeks ago; before there where no problems. Curiously, 2 days later everything was suddenly ok again.

I asked Kemper support and they gave me this tip:

- Press teh INPUT+BACK button to activate the Spy Funktion

- With the PAGE< + PAGE> buttons you can watch the counters and set them back to zero.

I installed the new Beta of RigManager 3.0.87 and OS 7.1.9.

Ok, while some bugs are gone - like saving to the Profiler - some new bugs are introduced.

I just discovered a new amp from RigExchange, tweaked it to my desires, copied it to my local library, did some rename, and then, with a second window opened, copied it to a performance slot and also to the next slot. This worked fine!

But then I discovered, that RigManager does not show the assigned modules for this rig. It must be some module chain from another rig. I did some settings on those modules, like assigning foot switches. Saved this configuration. And did this only with the Profiler. RigManager does not discover this - there is a mismatch between the Profiler and RigManager. After shutting down RigManager and starting it again, it shows the right module chain. Changing to another performance, RigManager shows the right module chain.

Yesterday I also fell into the many traps of trying to copy & paste into performance slots and how "easy" it is to break performances. And that is easy to not see changes because starring in to the window of RigManager, you easily assume it reflects the profiler. Which is not true: RigManager and Profiler are not in sync!

While my experiences yesterday on actions I took with performance slots and trying to save them also showed that they were saved as copies to the Browse pool (which I did not intend), today I also saw, that a performance I tried to copy onto another performance at slot #4 did not arrive there but on slot#1. AND it was automatically saved in the profiler (without me pressing a save button)!!! This showed up shutting down the machine and rebooting it again: slot#1 was overwritten by the rig I tried to copy onto slot#4.

Yes, the latest beta versions are a real great mess concerning this subject. So I resort for now to not work with RigManager on performances.

Oh yes, I know, the beta versions of Kemper OS and RigManager will show errors. But this one is very hard. Yesterday, at home, I copied two rigs with nice effects to an existing performance, placing them onto slot #4 and #5. I used the RigManager to do this. And of course I pressed the save button on the Stage! I was very happy to be able to impress my bandmates on rehearsal in the evening. But then, when the song came which was the one to include the effect, I could not find it on the slot anymore. Both slots #4 and #5 were ineffctive.

Anyone hear who made the same experiences?

I sent 4 emails to the kemper homepage

To the HOME page??? You should write to "[email protected]" (or do you call this "home page"?) Anyway, I do not know if Kemper support differs in US from Germany. Here, in Germany, I always got immediately responses writing an email (same day or next day). Also, on the telephone Hot Line, I did not have to wait in a long loop; and they were very friendly and supportive.

Tweaking the core sound is largely unnecessary. You either like that setting or you don’t.

I disagree. Most profiles with mid to high gain I tried do not sound good for my ears. I mostly ignore sounds from metal amps and freaks, but try more classic amps. To my experience, with to much gain, you cannot hear the soul, the specific sound of the amp. Turning gain down, I can quite differentiate the different amps.

And then: often, I find profiles garnished with heavily used effects. Obviously, to make them sound better. But what? I want to get the amp's sound. Tuning it for my performance(s) or for just playing around should be my thing.

On the other side of course, I admit: I found a bunch of usefull effect combinations on those profiles.

I think your two Orange 2x12 cabs are also backbreakingly:). So get rid of them, buy two FRFR boxes for stereo environment. Two Headrushs-108 might do the job.

And is there such a thing is the best FRFR speaker for this type of set up as reading online everyone has different opinions on which FRFR

This is true and the same as everybody has it's own opinion on amps, cabs, guitars and so on. So, you might just try it yourself in a music store.

It is very obscure: I had the same problem in performance mode with the left swicht foot button to go to the next performance. At first, the problem showed in the form, that I had to try 2 or 3 times, until the button reacted. A few stomps later, it refused to function. Tried n times, it would not react anymore. The right foot switch still worked okay, but when you are on the first performance, your lost for changes.

This happened to me at 2019-12-30. Mailed the problem to kemper-support. Okay, I tried to turn the switch clockwise with fingers, as someone elsewhere said. But I did not feel any response like resistance or something else with my fingers. Just shutted up the stage. But then, the next day, the problem just disappeard. I do not understand, why! And hope, the problem will not show again!