Posts by JT250186

I’ve been after a fuzz for a long while but I’m wondering if such a harsh effect will work well with the kemper... any tried and tested pedals that people know work well? Think my ideal would be something like a Mythos Golden Fleece

Cheers both, yes I saw that .... 70 Marshall SL2 profile with gain turned down to almost zero. I know he will use an external compressor to get his sound but just wondered if anyone had anything set up with all the effects on it that got it somewhere close.

Hi All,

I've become addicted to Cory Wong and Vulfpeck and was wondering if anyone had any rigs that were close to his sound. I know he has said in the past he has used an M Britt profile but just after something that has that super compressed, clean woody wound to it if anyone can help!

Thanks!

Hi there,

Mia there any way in rig manager to save multiple effects as one preset? Such as a micro pitch in front of the amp, an EQ and a micro pitch after the amp. All these three combine to give me the 80’s style chorusing effect and I’d like to recall them quickly to multiple patches. Is there a way to do this? I can only seem to save each one to my local library separately at the moment. Also can’t seem to re name them

Thanks for any help.

That’s great advice thanks. The DI sound is what I’m after along with the proper “normal” signal I get when listening on stage for example.

It’s just so if my sound doesn’t work in the track, my friend can re-amp it with his kemper.

Hi all. Hope you’re all keeping well.

I’m trying to record guitar for someone and he has asked me to send two tracks through... one wet and one completely dry so he can add plugin effects to the dry one of the wet one doesn’t seem right for the track.

Is it possible to do this from the kemper into an audio interface and have say the left XLR out sending a mono Wet signal and the right XLR sending a dry signal and have them recording at the same time on different tracks in logic?

many help would be great!!

thankyou!!

Hi there. I have my kemper stage at a friends studio trying to lay down some clean parts and can’t seem to get rid of white noise from the line. Even when guitar volume is right down there is still a hiss coming through. I haven’t had this problem before, is there something I can do with ground lifts to help this? Or anything else I haven’t considered.

Don’t want to use gate as when I start playing the sound will appear again behind the clean parts.

thanks!

I am trying to balance me clean and distorted sounds for live use and while I get them sounding spot on beforehand I still seem to lose the distorted sounds in the mix. I don’t use lots of gain but obviously I know distorted sounds don’t cut as well as clean.

My question is... for other users of HSS strats, what do you have your clean and distortion Cents settings as on the input section? I’m thinking maybe just trying to set distortion to +3 for a start?

Sorry to be a noob here but how do I assign a preset? Do I search to wah and then all the presets are in the far right column?

I know in rig manager there’s a preset section but unsure how to apply them to my patches on my Kemper Stage

Hi all,

Does anyone have any advice for some great touch wah settings for a funky sound? I’m trying to get away with not having an expression pedal and can do without it for all but wah.

I’ve tried the crybaby setting and changed it to ‘Touch’ but it’s so muffled and no high end snap like you’d expect from some p0rn0 style “wakka-wakka” style wah.

Any tips and settings would be brilliant!

Hi, this is driving me nuts. When I’m in rig manager, looking through profiles while kemper is in browse mode... I then change to performance mode and it changes the amp that’s in whatever performance slot I am in. And it doesn’t seem to change back if I move to a different performance and then back. Am I being dense here? I’m running current version of everything. How can I get my old sound back?

Hi All.

I am new to the world of Kemper and am slowly finding my way. In a recent interview with Matty from The 1975 he said they are now using Kemper units for their live sounds. I think their clean guitar tones are amazing and am after finding something similar. Does anyone have any suggestions for something that may come close to this? Thinking along the lines of the sounds from 'Chocolate' or 'Girls'. Crystal clean with a nice bit of compression.

Any help would be great.

Thanks