Recording Wet and Dry simultaneously

• Hi all. Hope you’re all keeping well.

I’m trying to record guitar for someone and he has asked me to send two tracks through... one wet and one completely dry so he can add plugin effects to the dry one of the wet one doesn’t seem right for the track.

Is it possible to do this from the kemper into an audio interface and have say the left XLR out sending a mono Wet signal and the right XLR sending a dry signal and have them recording at the same time on different tracks in logic?

many help would be great!!

thankyou!!

• that depends on your definition of Dry.

If you mean the amp sound without any post amp FX like delay and reverb that is possible.

If you mean amp but with no FX at all but you have some FX in the stomps in front of the amp then no.

if you mean a totally pure DI track that can be reamped then yes that is possible.

if you want to record using SPDIF you could record Git/Stack (no FX) or Git/ Master Mono which would give you a DI plus full tone.

if you want to record via analog then you could use XLR for either Master Mono or Master Stereo. You could then set monitor out to be Stack and/ or Git Analog (DI signal) to the Direct Out.

there is a good video on the Kemper Website somewhere that shows exactly how you can record various multiple output configurations. I would try and find that and watch it to get a fuller understanding of what is possible.

• That’s great advice thanks. The DI sound is what I’m after along with the proper “normal” signal I get when listening on stage for example.

It’s just so if my sound doesn’t work in the track, my friend can re-amp it with his kemper.