Posts by ElectricPhase

Well, another new version and still no fix for the EQ button.

Given the lack of additional information on the subject, I can only assume that the 'other plans' story was just put out there to keep people from seeing the change for what it was: they couldn't fit the button on the Stage, so they ripped the functionality out of the toasters. That's just sad.

With respect, this topic won't go away until someone from Kemper shares those 'other plans'. This aspect of our hardware is currently broken and we'd like to know how and when it will be fixed. Please spell out the unique function that the button is being reserved for. I can't imagine it's a state secret....it's a button that's labeled EQ.

Right now the only apparent explanation is that the Stage doesn't have the button...and that is not a justifiable reason for the change. It's like finding that the door handles on your car no longer work because the maker started building motorcycles.

Bonus points for avoiding the words 'management' and 'strategic'. :rolleyes:

But RM 3.2.28 is PUBLIC BETA, so you shoud be aware of possible problems when using it. Why don't you wait for stable version?

I'm only a casual Kemper user, but I know that these problems go back through quite a number of non beta releases. Which stable version number would you suggest we use in the interim to avoid these problems?

Now I got the question :)

Yes, we have plans for a per-rig setting.

We are still asking ourself, if that setting should be stored in the Rig data or in the Cabinet Module (!).

Just purchased based on this post. Looking forward to the update that includes this!!!

- Fixed recurring sync on empty performances

- Fixed rig copy/paste going into wrong performance slot

Does this mean that the phantom rigs and data corruption that mandated recovering from a backup are fixed, and that it's safe to dip my toes back in the water?

I think this is a feature request to automatically combine particular amps with particular imprints. Seems complex to be achieved with no real benefit to me.

No, not automatically. Based on the rig author's setting, to be stored with the rig. It seems like a basic requirement, but I suppose it's possible that it doesn't work that way....hence the question.

- Maybe I didn‘t get the question. Speaker imprints are not IRs in a regular fashion. They cannot be loaded or saved, only selected.

Let me try to restate the question. Can we have a Jensen speaker imprint associated with a Fender Twin rig and a Celestion speaker imprint associated with a Marshall Plexi rig, so that the Kemper will automatically switch imprints when switching rigs?

Thanks.

This is the most critical question for me. If stored with the rig, you could change to an appropriate imprint for the current rig in your performance (or flat if it's for acoustic). If global, what's the point?

Mr. Kemper may have already answered my question during ToneJunkie's NAMM interview:

"You can choose the route on a daily basis, or on an hourly basis, or even on a rig basis."

The context, was regarding switching between full range and an imprint based on the needs of the rig...but if there's already a provision to switch, it would be silly if you couldn't also change which imprint the rig uses.

- Will the IR for a DI rig be saved with the rig, I.e. do we have a choice to use ?

This is the most critical question for me. If stored with the rig, you could change to an appropriate imprint for the current rig in your performance (or flat if it's for acoustic). If global, what's the point?

Actually, the whole point of beta software is that they want to hear from you, so that they can fix these things. That's what leads to production software that you can depend on.

I understand that, but how do I write a proper bug report when I have no idea how it happened. I did notice that the corrupt rigs were all ones that I 'favorited' with the new RM....but I'm not sure that's much of a help. I'm sure not going to try for a 'steps to reproduce'. One complete restore was enough for me.

I was going to keep my mouth shut, since I do understand that this is beta software....but today I ended up with a dozen or so corrupted rigs that there was absolutely no way to delete. The only way out was to revert to the production versions of the Kemper firmware and RM and restore from an old backup. I usually try beta software, but never again with the Kemper. I'll wait for a production release.

I accidentally deleted a rig I didn't mean to. When I tried to drag the rig back into RM, I got an error saying the file wasn't a valid rig file. After closing and restarting RM, dragging the rig file into RM worked fine. This is a dangerous bug, since it leads the user to believe that their perfectly good rig file may be corrupt.

Huge +1 to all of that. After the "eyestrain gray" UI, those are my biggest issues.

A bit of an oddity.... While installing the 3.0.79 update on a fully updated Windows 10 machine, the installer opened a window partly off screen which I could not move or close. I used task manager to kill it. The update appears to have installed correctly and is working, so I'm not concerned. Just thought the info might be useful.