Posts by DeanJam

thanks paults I really under estimated how the cone can be used. I’m gonna need to test everything out and go by what I like the sound of. I have no knowledge that would allow me to make informed decisions when pairing imprints and cabs.

Honestly, I didn’t know the cone/imprint could be on in frfr mode. I think I’ll go back and research properly:)

I know this is a basic question but I’m struggling for the exact answer. Mines here next week:)

If I’m using a studio profile in FRFR mode then switch to imprint mode would I turn the cab sim off?

Hi,

I’ve just ordered my Kab and I’m worried I’m expecting too much. The price I think is very, very reasonable but I’ve no idea what it sounds like as there is very little info/review. I’m new to the Kemper but I’ve put in many hours per week over the last couple of months - it’s unreal! I’ve only used the Kemper with a left over orange 1x12 as I was awaiting this release.

I have experimented with using direct/merged and studio profiles(using the cab sim) and I’d love to be able to match the studio profile using good headphones on the Kab. I’m hoping to get that sound blended with a guitar cab feeling when playing. I have some great studio only profiles and didn’t really feel the cabsim off setting through the cab. I found in this instance direct/merged profiles much better - obviously I have limited experience and testing.

I’m using a Camplifier 290 so there is the option to play stereo. I’m only an enthusiast and Jammer so I don’t have to think about FOH.

Firstly, I have read the manual and other posts but I’m still stuck.

Recently I purchased a Kemper with a camplifier 290. This morning was the first time I tried to connect to a cab. I’ve tried both from monitor and main outs, I’ve checked that the kemper is set to master mono. I get nothing but the sounds of silence.

Is there something obvious to check?

Any help would save my day:)

Only had the Kemper for 2 weeks but I've got 1000 and if it held 10,000, I'd go for capacity.:D

Im addicted to profiles! There are lots of good profiles out there - which is a nightmare - but I found getting the free packs from the various profiles gave me an idea of whom i'd like to buy packs from. I needed to do this methodically - lots of folders in rig manager and on mac. I'm closing in on a few profilers i really like and my usual suspects of amps and quite a few I've never played or heard of.

I use rig manager to preview profiles now as I initially sent 900 profiles to the Kemper which caused a lot of confusion and button pressing.

I'm sure on on the same journey as others and I'll end up with 30/40 profiles and several go to performances but at the minute I'm eating profiles for breakfast!8o

Newbie here! I'm currently researching different profiles now as I have so many and want to arrange some for playing with a cab and others through headphones etc.. This question has also popped in my head.

My limited knowledge - I thought the merged profile is built so that the cab and amp can be separated 'naturally.' But unless something is changed during the process it should sound the same as a studio profile?

Hello,

I’ve had the Kemper for a couple of weeks now, the remote came yesterday and I’m just waiting for the Kab to be available. It’s unbelievable to me that I essentially traded my pedalboard to go all kemper, I feel like I stole something! I’ve just purchased some Britt, Bert and Tone Junkie profiles(watched way too many of their vids). I’ve also got my amps on sale so it’s safe to say the Kemper has made a big impression on me.

I’ve used this informative and friendly forum to find out so many things already. Many thanks!

Now It’s just about playing guitar and getting over that I’ve been missing out for 8 years:)

Many thanks for the super informative response. I had a go with the MB Dumble profile this week. I go back to it and add some fuzz etc. I noticed M Britt has a Dumble pack which I may have to purchase.

I had the PDF 2 but didn’t love it as much as I thought I would.

I need to understand how to swap cabs on profiles etc. I’ll have a look tonight.