Posts by DeanJam

Interesting response.

I wasn’t precise enough with my initial language. I KNOW that Aux in plays in FR mode. The post alerted to me to this, I then checked the manual. I was looking for more information - out of curiosity - on how this is actually programmed etc. It may be simple for most but I couldn’t understand how one ’signal’ could be FR and another with the imprints etc. I’ll keep my questions to myself.

You’re easily insulted! If I created a product worth 4 digits and somebody purchased it, loved it, spent countless hours enthusiastically learning and was nothing but respectful and decent on my 22 year old forum - I’d be something other than insulted and certainly wouldn’t encourage others to feel so.

Everyone has their area of expertise and this also allows the amount of time available to invest in a product or technology. Hopefully, when you step outside of your comfort zone people are more pleasant with you. Set an example of how you would like your community to interact with each other. There must be a code of conduct/house rules from 1998? So RTFM!

I thought I’d read a few days ago that the Aux input played through the Kone in FR mode even if the Kone and imprint are selected. Think it was Ingolf

I can’t find the original post and wondered if anyone had anymore information on this? Purely for curiosities sake and the fact it’s blown my mind for 3 days:)

I tried it last night with a backing track and it was ace.

Hey,

I can measure tomorrow - although I do have lockdown with an 8 week old!? I should get half an hour to blast it.

Its way too loud to have anywhere near max and that’s without bridge mode. That’s my definition of loud though.

I do have the volume control. I also have a bit of an issue with the amp very occasional cutting out and coming back on - almost a replica of a quick turn in/off. Gonna troubleshoot tomorrow.

I need to get to the practice room! I’ve got a new - bass, guitar and cabinet to really test. I’m pretty sure it’ll be louder than 70db though.

I'm blaming the manual! Every time I read it, I find something cool and end up going on a tangent!

I'm aware a of this subgroup and conscious of being perceived as one:)

p.s very nice vibe generally in the Kemper forum.

The Powerhead was a hell of a lot of money for me. I tried to be sure that it was exactly what I needed to integrate into my existing rig and downloaded the manual before making my mind up. I read it thoroughly, pulled the trigger and have read it since. Despite the page count, it isn't actually that big and isn't written in a heavy text format, making it easy to work through.

I have zero sympathy for those that complain about missing functions they assumed it would have or lack of basic understanding through their choice not to do some research. Many almost pride themselves on not being the sort to read a manual.... Well, you get what you put in. It's not exactly hard work to scan your way through, picking up a few hints as you go!

An alternative view...

I think I’m one of the simple folk:) I have recently bought a Kemper and spent countless hours reading manuals, forums and watching every kemper related video. People all formulate their knowledge using different pathways, I knew nothing about, profiles, modelling and anything else Kemper. Ive learnt an amazing amount in a short space of time but still have nowhere near the knowledge of most on the forum. I have no friends that play musical intruments so it’s just me and the Interweb.?

When first reading the manual, full comprehension was impossible as I wasn’t even sure how to understand certain terminology in context - as it was all new. Every time I read info or watch videos now, I always find something that I’ve previously misunderstood as I didn’t have any knowledge base.

For fools like me, tapping in to someone’s knowledge can save me nights of trawling through old forum posts etc. I greatly appreciate that many answer questions in great detail despite it being very basic for them. This forum seems an eclectic spectrum of bedroom players and full time musicians. I’ve only posted a few times but I’m familiar with many names and avatars as I’ve been a regular reader.

If everybody knew everything, the forum would just be a discussion about common knowledge. One simple question can generate other discussion and solutions from positive responses. I and others do try and research before asking as its common forum eticate. We may be in danger of some form of elitism if we expect everyone to have a certain level of knowledge. Thanks

I’m mainly a guitar player but have bought a bass(it’s on the way) for recording purposes. I understand that the Kone is compatible with bass but the cabinet is guitar based. I would like to know if anyone has played the bass through it? I’d like to practice just at home and it would be so convienient if it would suffice as a low level practice solution. Thanks

I have also looked a new one. The list looks like UA, Audient, RME, Apogee, Focusrite, but unfortunately it seems there are some compromises to be made, no matter the price point.

Usability is one thing - I've got used to controls facing up so desktop model would be favorable.

Then there are the other thingies - OS drivers (latencies/quality), headphone preamp, spdif (coax), and interface cabling layout, converters, number of I/Os, age of the tech (foreseeable EOL).

I'm currently looking at all those options - just give me an Apogee Duet with SPDIF inputs!!! I just want high quality headphone output and recording. I'm just looking in to Toslink connectors for the Interfaces with Optical in.

I have ditched the focusrite as I'm not sure about the headphone output. Just looking at the UA Arrow and Element 24.

Thanks again. There are a couple on eBay for £400 I'll have a research tonight and see what happens. The only other devices I noticed around that price range was the Universal Audio interfaces. The Apollo is optical digital. Is SPDIF to optical possible without quality loss,

Last dumb question:)

If good quality matter I would suggest something else than Focusrite all others here recommended. I've been a user in the past and moved to a SPL Crimson and the headphone quality is much better than cheaper Focusrite interfaces offer. You get what you pay for. Well if it's new one. You could always find cheaper on the second hand market like I and others have done.

Thanks, Im checking that out right now. If I use SPDIF does the audio travel back in to the kemper meaning i could still use the Kemper headphone out whilst recording?

Mine got delivered yesterday. It is amazing! I couldn’t stop playing. Space and volume are precious at my house so I’m really happy with the low volume performance and the small cab size, I can’t believe the sound considering the depth of the cab.

It’s great to able to just play my studio profiles then add a speaker imprint and have really lively sounding cab. I missed the FRFR(I know people don’t like this term:) stage as I’m new to the kemper, so it’s hard to fully judge how good. The main thing is I love the sounds I’m getting.

I’m waiting on the ability to set different imprints for each profile, there is so much difference between imprints so it’ll be great to customise each profile.

I’m sure this Kab is really going to complete a Kemper users setup. I’m pretty much set for any situation of playing. They have now pretty much released everything I need:)

This is what i shall do. Cheers:)

would you then listen to everything via headphones from the Focusrite? I’m trying to work out how to Record the kemper and listen to all sources whilst playing with the least latency.

thanks

Hi,

Im looking to record my kemper using my mac. Im pretty inexperienced:)

I would use it to mainly creating my own backing track to Jam with, so I'd want to monitor/record everything in real time using headphones most of the time. This is where I'm slightly confused. Would I monitor/record using the Headphone input on the Kemper or Audio interface? I'd hate to have a lesser quality experience using the headphone on an interface.

I'm looking to spend up to £250 - so any recommendations would be great. I'm still not sure id SPdif is easier for someone like me?

Any help would be great.

I ordered last Thursday and it’s getting delivered tomorrow:). I received an email two days after ordering with the tracking details. It’s actually coming quicker than expected.

Hopefully I have more luck from the delivery gods as my ES 335 Custom Shop arrived today...with a totally snapped headstock!?

P.s I got an Ernie ball 3ft speaker cable for £7

I’m wondering if anyone else gets the pop/noise of the stomp button when looping? I get it at the start of every loop and it’s more noticeable if there are effects on.

thanks