Posts by VictorMJPerkins

Ok, now to your issue, what you hear sounds like a damaged input transistor or opamp, I know that from working with audio far too much, it seems your processing line is damaged somehow, The problem is electric, with a simple ground problem, it would be only a 60Hz hum or some craclick while playing, but your crackling comes from the noise floor.

Open a ticket as soon as possible, send the audios to kemper support through mail. Sorry to bear bad news :/ to be honest, there has been more issues with the stage than ever were with the other units, I believe some of the design compromises to encapsulate all the components in a tight space is responsible for most of the problems. But who knows...

Thanks for taking a listen. With all the self testing I've done, I figured the problem was somewhere within the "input" components of the Kemper. Glad to know you think the same, sounds like we are identifying the true problem.

There is a known issue in the first batches of Stage that were released, something related to grounding problems. Check if touching the shell in the cable does anything with the sound, or if touching the chasis changes the hum, if so, the problem is a grounding problem and I am pretty sure kemper will exchange your unit. If not, then we can help you with the diagnosis, maybe a video will do wonders for that.

check out my link from comment #12 please

I'm going to make this extremely detailed because hopefully this helps someone else out if you're having the same problem or if you had the same problem please tell me how you got it fixed.

Here is a link to what I'm getting, and this is my problem with every rig in the Kemper: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q0f…cFjy44zKP01omhbxNvFa?dl=0

Problem in a nutshell: The clean rigs (every clean rig) are saturated by some sort of extreme crackle and static. The high gain rig's (every high gain rig) natural "amp hum" is WAY too loud and sporadic and random-sounding (The 'amp hum' volume is almost the same as my guitar input volume!).

My Kemper is about 2 weeks old

I'm on the latest hardware

The problem has gotten worse with time and recently my Kemper crashed, gave me an error message, and then rebooted itself. That's in the link as well...anyone else ever had that?

Okay the problem is still there but let me update my troubleshooting.

1. Tested the different inputs (Input and Return 1)...nothing changed no solution

2. Tested different speakers, different speaker cables...nothing changed no solution

3. Tested all different Outputs (-Main OUT L & R, stereo and mono, grounded and lifted- -Main OUT XLR L & R, stereo and mono, grounded and lifted- -Monitor OUT L &R, stereo and mono, grounded and lifted- -headphones OUT-) nothing changed no solution

4. Tested different guitars on the Kemper and my other pedal boards. All the guitars work perfectly on other pedal boards. Thus, assuming the guitars work perfectly, Guitars and guitar cables got ruled out

5. Tested different power outlets and Isolating it in an empty room. No other electrical device even in the room. Tested this with the headphones out. Still heard crackling. Nothing changed no solution

6. Tested power chords and other ground thingys. Nothing changed no solution

7. Loaded literally every preset profile in the Kemper and hear crackling or the insane amount of "amp" hum

8. Total factory reset and format and nothing changed no solution

9. Appropriately set the input noise gate for the hum of my guitar, but we can tell that is not guitar hum. Plus the guitars are silent through my other toys and effects

Can anyone think of anything else or fixed this somehow? ...Or is it time to send the Kemper to support?

Thanks for reading all this btw

WITHOUT even plugging my guitar in (my input signal is totally silent), the output is going bonkers with signal from these hisses and hums and low growls. And its loud. I've noticed the signal goes very silent if you turn the amp module to "off" Its also more super noisy if its a high gain rig.

On the other hand, if I'm playing a clean rig, I get crackling noise that is added on top of my signal. Sounds like 4-bit audio. For this ive tried changing my cables, guitar, even putting the looper location to input and then have a riff play and I unplug from the device, and still the crackling is there.

And this is happening with ALL rigs. Even the good ones from ToneJunkie, so I definitely feel like its the Kemper creating this random noise.

Anyone having this issue? Did you solve it and how? Is this normal (I really hope not)?

I'm on the latest OS