Request: Mixing / Recording subcategory

• Would be nice to hear some feedback from an admin

this thread has already split in two directions:
    1) general DAW, mixing etc. advice (the OP's request)
    2) Kemper Profiler specific information on mixing etc.

I'm not a big fan of the original request, since there is so much material to cover and there already are so many helpful websites, forums, videos and literature out there.

Kemper Profiler related information on these topics can already be found and posted in the 'Share your tips and tricks' or the 'Kemper Profiler related discussions' sub forums.

my 2cents

but I'm listening to your opinions of course. :)

• hm, to be honest I can't see much reason for a Mixing/Recording subforum.
    If it has to be related to the Profiler, there's little to be discussed, imho.
    Much better to put the required info and best practices to the "Tips & Tricks" subforum and the wiKPA community Wiki.

Cheers,
    Martin

• I intentionally left the description vague so that others could voice their opinions / ideas as well. There is no need to hold peoples hands with the basics but a sticky/thread with links that already do so would come in handy for the subcaregory if created.

IF there is already a write up in the wikpa that serves its purpose, then we don't need this. My intentions were primarily unselfish in that the kemper makes recording tempting and with so many doing so, it would have served as an area for discussion with tips and recommendations to refine sounds and not just getting set up.

AS web communities grow subcategories eventually become necessary to make navigation of information easier but that is clearly for convenience.

• Guess Don Peterson's post hit bullz eye. We are here for the KPA, standard studio/recording-stuff is everywhere outthere in the net ... with posting qualities varying from bad to worst.
    You can't read the experience you gain with years behind the console ... (doing this for about 30 years now).