Kemper Floor Unit!

• As cool as the Kemper is and now it comes in two formats rack and head, both powered and un-powered there is one Kemper model missing....Floor model! There is all this excitement regarding an "additional floor controller" be created to work with the above models but wouldn't Kemper take a huge jump forward building a Floor Designed unit all in one similar to the POD HD500X or Boss GT100? I for one would jump on board immediately! I do not see an advantage to owning either an Axe FX II or Kemper other than if you just like to tinker with them trying to replicate originals. I use an Egnater M4 Pre with tube pres which do the same thing but sound better. Isn't the idea of compactness the key to why many opt for the Kemper and the Axe? If so, then wouldn't a Kemper or Axe unit floor model be nirvana? Floor unit Kemper or Axe plus powered speaker(s) where do I sign???? :rolleyes: :thumbup:

• im not so sure about this, i consider the kpa (and axefx) as a fairly high end unit and dont really like the idea of it bieng on the floor to be stamped on or things dropped or even worse spilled on it, i think most high end units are rackmount with seperate floor controllers just for this reason.

• I personally do not think that a tube pre can sound better as the KPA (just my opinion): the profiler can sound as good and on top of it it can sound like 100's other amps with the same level of accuracy. Add the FXs and it is not even fair to compare it (for the tube pre).
    Regarding the Rack format with separated foot controller, the main reason is to protect the expensive (and functional) part of the equipment from the abuses of a tour situation.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Regarding the Rack format with separated foot controller, the main reason is to protect the expensive (and functional) part of the equipment from the abuses of a tour situation.

^ This.

Now, if they could do what TC Electronic did with the G-System and make it one unit that you can take apart and stick in a rack, that would be pretty awesome. But the Kemper's a hell of a lot bigger than the G-System's brain, so.... probably not gonna happen.

• I don't see Kemper making a new Floor Pedal design next year but maybe in a few years. I am sure they will come up with a foot controller for the head or rack unit. At this time I am very happy with my tube pre-amp and will hang on to my $2K. However if they come up with a floor unit all in one with an expression pedal and that would turn the tide for me.