Anyone played the KPA with a QSC K12 speaker?

• I'm wondering if anyone has played this combination. I remember the QSC getting rave reviews a few years ago when it came out. How does it sound with a Kemper?

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• I used a single k12 for several months when I first got my KPA (I had the K12 already). It sounded ok with some KPA output eq adjustments but never really rocked my world. Bass always seemed to be hyped and loose and the high end was harsh sounding on many profiles even after eq adjustment. I sold it and bought a Yamaha DXR10 and am still totally happy with it.

I preferred the QSC K12 for general music playback and for acoustic and vocal amplification, but for simple stage monitoring and as a designated Kemper powered speaker I much prefer the DXR10.

Hope it helps.

• I am using K 10 , and agree with previous post 100 % :thumbup:

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• I am using K 10 , and agree with previous post 100 % :thumbup:

So, you're saying that you are unhappy with your tone coming from the K10? Are you looking for something different?

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

Edited once, last by Desiato ().

• I cannot say I am unhappy , just agree with previous post.
    Some profiles may sounds very good , some not through K 10 , that's all.
    I suppose there might be better solutions.
    Still not looking for something else , since I play a lot using Kemper through hand wired valve head amp and Mesa 2x12 cab .
    I know, I know, it not giving me 100% neutral sound, but coloured by amp and cab, but I like it , it is so alive and kicking that air...

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• I cannot say I am unhappy , just agree with previous post.
    Some profiles may sounds very good , some not through K 10 , that's all.
    I suppose there might be better solutions.
    Still not looking for something else , since I play a lot using Kemper through hand wired valve head amp and Mesa 2x12 cab .
    I know, I know, it not giving me 100% neutral sound, but coloured by amp and cab, but I like it , it is so alive and kicking that air...

Ok, thanks.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

• I've not used one of these, but did go to the matrix factory in Monmouth where they let me try a range of cabs with my powered kemper and eventually bought a lightweight nl12 cab, which is super lightweight, yet pushes out a huge sound

It's not full frfr but is wider than a normal cab, and for a majority of gigs is the perfect partner, and soooo easy to transport, just this and the kemper on top is great