LF+12+/Mission Pedal

• WOW!!! FAMC user support is SUPERB! Last Saturday I send to famc support email with question – how can I program PAGE LOCK function for skipping Change Page program in preset (it is second command after MIDI PC# command in preset changing program – taken from Sean LF file) because some time I need to stay in song page. And today I I received a email from them that they will add PAGE LOCK and PAGE UNLOCK commands in upcoming update version 3.30

Thank you Sean for help and sharing your file! :thumbup:
    Thank you FAMC team for great support! :thumbup:

Edited 3 times, last by rostjust ().

• Here is what I do on startup to get things in sync.

Power up KPA first, then plug in the LF controller. On first power up, the LF will go to the last loaded preset or status when it was turned off. Then KPA will then jump to this same setting or rig. Keep an eye on the KPA screen, you should see a quick screen flash up that says "LF controller connected". If that doesn't happen then you're not in full sync with the KPA. A couple of ways to check this is go into tuner mode. If you don't get the bouncing notes or tuning status then the communications is not working from the KPA to the LF. Or go to the system menu page 6 on the KPA. You should see connected LF series. Again if you don't see that, you're not fully in sync. Usually if I unplug the LF and let it power up a second time it goes into full sync mode. I think it's because it doesn't have to change the KPA status and get to the last loaded preset, and will then receive sync data from the KPA. That's just my guess.

Even when you are fully in sync, many times the names of the slots and FX blocks doesn't always come across correctly or clean. There are often weird and jumbled characters. To fix this go into the slots on the KPA that don't show up correctly and move the browse button, so in effect load up another preset. Doesn't matter what it is, just scroll with the browse button and the display on the LF should automatically sync up. Exit the rig without saving and you should now be in sync with all of the slots and FX.

So my ritual on power up is to do it in the correct order, verify two way communications, and get all slots in sync. Once I do this I've never had any sync or naming issues. The preset names have always worked correctly for me, and I always keep the option check to sync and get the preset name from the KPA. This is on the global 2 page on the LF editor, under external device sync items and is called "save preset name on sync". I keep this on and the preset names work well. Note, this is in browse mode, performance mode is a different beast.

There is a video that shows the AX-FX and the LF working where if you change a preset on the AX-FX that the LF would follow and jump to that preset. It's also in the same area on global parameters page 2, under external device sync items and is called "allow ext device force preset chg". I've never tried it on the KPA to see if that's fully working or not. Can try that out later today and report back.

Hope this helps. It may seem like a lot to digest but once you see it and do it a couple of times it becomes old hat and you're through it quickly.

Again, once I get in sync I never have any issues with it falling out of sync or not working during a performance.

Sean

• Hello Joptunes !

I am a new user of the LF12+ and i have watched your videos using the LF, It make me decided to buy this one:)
    Could you give me access to your config file (specially for the using a the mission pedal with volume and wha) ?

It will be greaaaaatttt !;)

Thanks.

• Here is a link to the config file on Dropbox. Right click to download.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r5vbiyr9qqodnce/LFKPA%203-6-14.syx

Let me know if any questions or problems getting the file.

Only specific on the KPA that is not part of this file is that I have it set so the Wah pedal defaults to a volume pedal when the Wah is not in use.

So load this config file, and put the KPA in browse mode, and step through the presets on the LF. It should automatically bring in the names of the rigs you have assigned on the first 50 rigs or so. Then sync the LF back up to your computer and you'll have your specific data in the editor.

Sean

Edited once, last by Joptunes ().

• Looks like my JR+has arrived - I hope to start programing next week.... do you recommend using the wizard or the config file you put on the dropbox?? I hope to check out your the videos, etc (i have surgery and some down time coming up...)

• Either way works really. If you load this config file you won't have to go through the wizard part. If you go without this file I would recommend running the wizard. It automatically loads up stuff for the tuner, CC numbers for the stomp and FX slots etc.

Play with both, you can quickly wipe things out and start over at any time as well as loading up the config file at any time.

I personally learned a lot by playing around and seeing what commands did what and how I would integrate things. Still learning today :)

With a JR at some point you'll have to modify things as the config is for the 12+ unit so the number of buttons won't match.

Hope surgery goes well :)

Sean

• Thank you - that seems like excellent advice! I put the editor on my work computer and have been poking around in it, trying to find some of the KPA specific parameters, and get a grasp on the basic layout of things... I sometimes get caught up it trying to do it "perfect" on the first try... what I need to do, at least at first seems very basic so I'm pretty confident.

Thanks for the encouragement re: surgery - I wore my hips out rocking too much wah pedal and jumping around so gotta get one of them retro fitted (again!)

• I had a few hours last night to sit down with my liquid foot and experiment with controlling 2 devices (KPA and TCHelicon Vocal) and I'm getting closer but still hitting some road blocks. Here were my findings, any help would be greatly appreciated:

1. I set each device on its own midi channel in the global menu (although I'm not sure how theactual devices realize they are on separate channels). I assigned the bottom row of Buttons to the KPA, top row to the TCH through the presets and then assigned the presets to page1 so the top and bottom rows controlled different devices. At this point I'm trying to get the PC# changes to only affect the channels that they are assigned to and not the other device. In essence, I want to bypass one of the devices. I am really wanting to keep them separate if at all possible.
    In this set up, both rows of PC commands changed the kemper but the top row of buttons (Assigned to the TCH commands) ended up only changing the KPA which is totally backwards and I can't figure out why. So to sum it up the kemper changes on all commands but the Vocal pedal only responds to the KPA commands. This frustrated me but also gave me hope that they can be controlled separately. Now all I have to figure out is how to keep the KPA from responding. When I set the new midi channel up on the global screen I'm not real sure if the "send" and "msb" switches should be enabled. I also can't understand how me just making up a name on that midi channel makes the devices understand me and I'm wondering if that's where the problem is. I know the issue is user error, just can't locate the problem.

2. How should an expression pedal be set up to control Volume? I saw on the wikikpa that it is cc command #07 but not sure which type of switch it is (momentary, latch, continuous, singe shot, broadcast, Trigger IA, Toaggle IA)

Again, thanks for being patient with me. I feel slightly in over my head, yet I know enough to not want to quit.

• Did you set the midi channels for the two devices only inside the Liquid Foot? The two devices must be set to the same midi channel as well! E.g. if the channel for the KPA is set to 1 inside the Liquid Foot, the KPA must be set to channel 1 too! Make sure it is not set to "Omni". In this case the KPA will react on all Midi commands, no matter what channel you dialed in on the Liquid Foot.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Finally got things working right! I have the LF12+ displaying the correct names, clicking a song title changes to a Kemper control page like Joptunes, switches my Kemper rig, my Voicelive2 patch and starts a video clip in Ableton live :D

I have a few of the Voicelive effects buttons on my control page, have 3 expression pedals (wah, gain and VL2 Harmony level) and it works well.