Profiling A BOSS GT10

• I love my KPA. I've profiled several of my amps with great success. Here's the thing: Previously, I've used a Boss GT10 pedal for home recording. The stock sounds aren't that great but I've tweaked up several hard rock sounds that I really like. I've tried profiling the GT10 and I get the "noise gate detected" error and the resulting profile doesn't sound very good. Does any one know if this can be done? I successfully profiled an Ethos 30W solid state amp with great success, but is there something about the COSM type effects that don't agree with the Kemper? Thanks in advance. - James

• Did you try turning off the noise gate on the GT-10?. It may be cutting off the profiling signals treating them as noise.

I love my KPA. I've profiled several of my amps with great success. Here's the thing: Previously, I've used a Boss GT10 pedal for home recording. The stock sounds aren't that great but I've tweaked up several hard rock sounds that I really like. I've tried profiling the GT10 and I get the "noise gate detected" error and the resulting profile doesn't sound very good. Does any one know if this can be done? I successfully profiled an Ethos 30W solid state amp with great success, but is there something about the COSM type effects that don't agree with the Kemper? Thanks in advance. - James

• I'm pretty familiar with customizing the settings in the GT10 but other than the compressor (which I realize isn't a noise gate but could effect the profiling ability of the Kemper), I don't know of a noise gate adjustment, although that is a good call. I don't have any compressor in the effect chain of the patches I'm attempting to profile. As Maurizio pointed out, profiling clean patches on the GT10 works pretty good but not when there is overdrive/distortion in the signal. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Edited once, last by jbnimble ().