25k or 10k pot expression pedal for the KPA?

• I'm willing to mod my old ernie ball jr volume pedal (250k) in order to use it as an expression pedal with my KPA.
    The question is: if I mod it with a 25k pot, i'll be able to use it as a volume pedal for my acoustic guitar too if i don't take with me the KPA. So, will it work?
    I know that mission engineering makes an expression pedal which has a pot with a 10k value, but i'd like to have an answer from the KPA community and/or team.

P.S: of course the pot should be linear, isn't it?

• A 25K pot should not be a problem, compared to 10K - I've used both values with the Kemper, and with my G-System, and neither reacted strangely.

The pot does not HAVE to be linear, BUT, the wah and pitch would not have the kind of response curve that is preferred by most people.

If you don't like a linear taper pedal with your acoustic guitar connected to it, use your Kemper as your acoustic preamp/effects, and the expression pedal won't be connected directly to yuor acoustic guitar ;)

• Thank you Mr CK!

paults: thank you for the suggestions. I already use a Mission engineering EP1 for Wha, the EB jr will control the volume as expression pedal or as a classic volume pedal.
    I already use the profiler as acoustic preamp, but there are some gigs which don't deserve the KPA

P.S: i know that there are some mods which can bring a linear pot to work as a logarithmic one, by placing two resistors (value 20% of the pot) between the pins of the pot.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/analogalchemy/emh/emh.html

• I'm willing to mod my old ernie ball jr volume pedal (250k) in order to use it as an expression pedal with my KPA.
    The question is: if I mod it with a 25k pot, i'll be able to use it as a volume pedal for my acoustic guitar too if i don't take with me the KPA. So, will it work?
    I know that mission engineering makes an expression pedal which has a pot with a 10k value, but i'd like to have an answer from the KPA community and/or team.

P.S: of course the pot should be linear, isn't it?

how about a mod that gives you both options? My preffered trick is to add a switch to the volume pot to put around a 15 to 20k pot in parallel with the 250k pot when switch is turned on ,
    that will give you just under 20k when the switch is on for use with kemper , then wehn using as a volume pedal turn switch off , its back to 250k

the wiring is pretty simple too just add a switch in series with a 15 or 20k across the outside terminals of the pot , then drill a hole for switch and done

• So the only thing that must be done to make de EB Jr to work properly as an expression pedal is to use a linear potentiometer with a value under 200k? Does the value of the pot matter (25k or 10k or whatever...).

Thanks!