DIY small MIDI floor board, help needed.

• I want to reduce the size of my rig. Basically I want a MIDI pedal with about 8 switches 4 patch and 4 "MIDI pedal switches" and an expression pedal which will fit in the lid of my 4U rack unit (7"x 19") and preferably phantom powered off the rack. So I turn up to a gig with the kemper rack take out the controller and turn on the wireless and get playing.

From what I searched for this isn't something I can just buy so It looks like I will be building it using an Arduino. I think I will buy an AMT EX50 seeing as it's the only expression pedal I have seen under 7", unless anyone else has a good ideas of other expression pedals?

Also I have seen people talk about getting the Profile names and tuner to display on a LCD. Does anyone know how I can get this to work?

• I searched for a similar setup for a very long time. I ended up with a liquid foot+ mini+. It doesn't have an expression pedal attached so you would have to buy one separate, but it has 8 switches, is customize-able in any way that you can think of, it will display the tuner and names of the rigs through midi, and can be phantom powered through midi. The best part is that it's only 11" x 5". It is pricey, but I thought I would reply to your post in case you hadn't checked them out before. Good luck with your search/build.

• I searched for a similar setup for a very long time. I ended up with a liquid foot+ mini+. It doesn't have an expression pedal attached so you would have to buy one separate, but it has 8 switches, is customize-able in any way that you can think of, it will display the tuner and names of the rigs through midi, and can be phantom powered through midi. The best part is that it's only 11" x 5". It is pricey, but I thought I would reply to your post in case you hadn't checked them out before. Good luck with your search/build.

Glad you posted that. If the part of me which thinks oh god not another build project. I will just buy one of those. Looks great!