Turn off beat detection?

• Hi,

what does not work for you? What's your set-up regarding foot controller and firmware on your profiler? Beat Scanner and Tap Tempo should coexist peacefully if everthing is set up correctly.

• Hi,

what does not work for you? What's your set-up regarding foot controller and firmware on your profiler? Beat Scanner and Tap Tempo should coexist peacefully if everthing is set up correctly.

I'm using a Gordius LG as my foot controller, I also have a Behringer with a UNO chip, which I haven't tested yet with this FW. One of the swithces on my Gordius is set up to tap tempo, which has worked flawlessly until this FW. The problem is that I have to tap the tap tempo button very briefly in order not to activate the Beat Scanner, and I often end up with activating it, cluttering everything.

There is no way to completely get rid of it, no?

• interesting i could not get the beat scanner to work with my fcb with eureka prom tap works great though

[Blocked Image: http://i39.tinypic.com/f05540.jpg]
    Pro Tools HDX HD i/o 8x8x8
    SSL Nucleus
    vintech
    2 573
    2 x81
    1 609ca
    classic api 4 vp312
    Neumann kh120's
    Presonus digimax
    Furman hds-6
    splawn nitro
    gmajor 2
    kemper
    agile 727s
    yes i work at Vintech

• Does the Gordius allow you to set the CC values for both on and off of the button you are using for tap tempo?

That was the item I had to reprogram in my Liquid Foot to get it all working correctly.

You want a 1 value when pressed and a 0 value when you release the button, then the switch knows when you are pressing and holding which will take you to beat detector, and shouldn't activate beat detector on simple taps for tempo.

Hope that helps.
    Sean

• Thanks, I'll try this. The Gordius is very configureable, so I'll be able to do this.

• ... And if your pedal cannot send on key-off, then send zeros on key on. That way the 'gimmick' is canceled.

• ... And if your pedal cannot send on key-off, then send zeros on key on. That way the 'gimmick' is canceled.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Didn't call it a gimmick, though, as I'm sure it's a useful addition to tapping the tempo; my problem is merely that it lives its own life with my current pedal board ;)