KB profiles,whats the story?

• Hello Djemass!

I have looked on the clip again and we don't know what settings there is in the Amp, we only see the front of one Amp, but we don't really know if it's that he play through. We only know that he have a Mesa Boogie Stiletto straight 4x12 Cabinet, but what kind of speakers are in that cabinet. We don't kknow if he had modded the amp.

• Hello Everybody!

Now I have uploaded some new profiles. Some of them is from my hand-made Mesa Boogie Mark V pedal through hand-made Mesa Speaker Simulator and I think they sounds good. I put a booster before the amp block, because the booster in my pedal didn't work. This will give the sound a more bite.
    Hope you enjoy them.

• Thanks for the update Dr. B. Looking forward to trying them all out. It takes me a long time to audition them because I get distracted when I hear a tone I like, and I get into playing it for a long time. There are a lot of tones I like in the original set, and I'm only about half way through it! LOL

I will point out that there was one in there that I just love. It's called Brown Sound. I know this was probably intended as an EVH type tone, but I backed off the gain about 3 or 4 leds, to the point where playing single strings sounds sweet and compressed, and playing double stops gets a bit of growly distortion going on. It sounds like an old Chuck Berry type tone. I've tried tons of old amps profiles, but this one just kills. Johhny B. Goode never sounded so good. Thanks.

• Just want to add, my thanks for your brillant work. Most of your profiles work out of the box for me, which is great, as I´m not a very good sound-tuner.
    Please keep it up and looking forward to your upcoming profiles! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you´ve got it made!
    Groucho Marx

• Wow, Dr.B you are going crazy on the RE. Saw a bunch more pop up on Wed, and then a bunch more today(Fri Sept 5). I'm so far behind. I haven't even finished going through your very first bunch. LOL.

I gotta tell you I can't get past your Brown Sound profile... I have a rather bright strat that this profile just rips with (even with the guitar tone set on 10 which I almost never do with this guitar). It is so musical and yet grungy that I can't stop playing it. This profile gives that strat an expressive capability that is beyond all the other profiles I have tried it with. I love it when you find a profile that fits a guitar so well that it makes magic.

Thanks again!

• Hello DigitalBliss!

Thanks for the input. Good to hear that you liked the Brown Sound I did. Some of the profiles I have did is sounding better with humbucker and some are sounding better with single coils, I have made them that way, I think I have forgot to type in which pickup I used when I did the profile.
    With the most of the profiles I have done, I try to get them sounding warm and organic, with a bite if the are crunch sounds. With the clean sounds I try to find the "sweet spot" for that particular sound and get also warm and open.

• Hello Djemass!

Some of them I have borrowed from friends, some of them is mine and some of them I have profiled from another friend that have a studio.
    Have you test my newest MkIV profiles? I think they are the best I have done and they are among the best Mesa Boogie on Rig Exchange.
    I have tried some of yours also and they are good.

• Hello Djemass!

Some of them I have borrowed from friends, some of them is mine and some of them I have profiled from another friend that have a studio.
    Have you test my newest MkIV profiles? I think they are the best I have done and they are among the best Mesa Boogie on Rig Exchange.
    I have tried some of yours also and they are good.

Not yet tested as I have a concert today but I will try them for sure next week !

Cheers

• I think you will suprised by the sound of them.
    They have more bite and fundamental crunch than the other I have made.
    I think they are very close the crunch sound Petrucci have on some of the albums with Dream Theater.
    But I haven't yet made any Lead sound based of the new profiles, I'm not satified yet, I haven't found the "sweet spot" for the good liquid lead sound that he have, I have come close, but not the right yet.

Hope that the concert goes well.