Firmware updating best practice procedure?

• It is confusing the first time. I just formatted usb and took me awhile to realize kemper recognized it but there's no popup. There is little icon at top of led screen referencing it. You have to click through few popups to format. It's not obvious.

Once formatting usb I followed the same procedure explained by gregsimon above (also in pdf in update folder) seemed to work fine so far.

Thought there was way to do this through rig manager? I didn't see way to do this. 'Check for Software Updates' wouldn't even recognize new version of Rig Manager on my computer. I'm on iMac.

• I am on a Mac and have no issues updating. One thing I do is turn on computer, boot up Rig Manager and then connect my Kemper USB to my Mac. Then go to rig manager and “check for updates”. If you want the beta versions, you need to select the box for it to search for them.

For rig manager I go to the Kemper website and download and install onto the Mac.

• This seems silly (not you but if this process if it is necessary). I keep everything connected in a home 'studio'. I don't want to disconnect and reconnect or use usb drives when kemper is always hardwired to my computer. Why can't the software update, update both rig manager and kemper os? Sure would simplify things. And why doesn't rig manager notify of new versions?

• Hi Guys ! I have a kemper rack and I was wondering if there is someone who upgraded this model to firmware 7.0

Hi Norman, I've done the update. You have to copy the kaos file to a pen drive to do the update, it's a bit dodgy using Rig Manager. Also, you have to update Rig Manager separately.

The latest update seems relatively stable, though there are reportedly some bugs and I myself keep running into a message saying my rigs are corrupted though I have done a repair.

Up to you to do the update, but you may want to wait till a stable release this time, because I think this one is a bit buggier than previous betas we've received.