Soon to purchase a Kemper Profiling Amp! :D

• Actually installing the Factory contents requires a software operation from the menu. Downloading the packs from the site allows you a selective installation.
    also, you'll be able to find there legacy packs, rigs that are no longer part of the current factory contents but used to.
    Since we now have the Rig Manager, my choice is to install everything on my PC, audition and upload what I like\need only.

:)

• When I swtiched on it had firmware 2.7 something installed :/ ...even though it's a brand new unit... Is that normal??

How do you go about updating the firmware (does it need to be connected/powered up a certain way...?)

and which firmware should I download from the support section: '3.0.0 Release' or '3.0.1 Beta' ?

Cheers

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• When I swtiched on it had firmware 2.7 something installed :/ ...even though it's a brand new unit... Is that normal??

That's normal.

How do you go about updating the firmware (does it need to be connected/powered up a certain way...?)

and which firmware should I download from the support section: '3.0.0 Release' or '3.0.1 Beta' ?

Cheers

Take a USB stick and have it formatted in the profiler.
    Then download the 3.0.1 beta and put the kaos file in the update folder of the stick.
    The profiler will ask you if you want to update.

• Nice one! I'll get on that shortly... What's a suitable capacity USB stick for use with the KPA (if it's going to require formatting...)

I've actually edited (and stored) a couple rigs to my taste already... Will updating the firmware lose them now? (and if so, how do I back these up beforehand...?!)

Also, just reviewing the basics manual and in 'Performance Mode' it states that rigs store to a separate memory than their 'Parent Rigs' (if edited...) - is there a way to back these up also ? Or will rig manager back up everything anyway?!

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Nice one! I'll get on that shortly... What's a suitable capacity USB stick for use with the KPA (if it's going to require formatting...)

I've actually edited (and stored) a couple rigs to my taste already... Will updating the firmware lose them now? (and if so, how do I back these up beforehand...?!)

Also, just reviewing the basics manual and in 'Performance Mode' it states that rigs store to a separate memory than their 'Parent Rigs' (if edited...) - is there a way to back these up also ? Or will rig manager back up everything anyway?!

Performance rigs need to be exported back to the Browse pool, if you want to store them individually. Otherwise, they get backed up with everything else when you choose to backup the system from the External Storage menu. It's quite easy.

As for memory stick size, anything will do as a start. Firmware updates are a little over 6 MB, backups a little more (if I remember correctly). Individual rigs are around 4 KB, so even maxing out the profilers Rig capacity won't be anywhere near that of a memory stick.

Cheese,
    Sam

• Cheese! Haha! Cheers... So it seems a 4GB stick should be perfectly sufficient then...?

That's great that everything gets backed up...! How do you "choose to backup the system from the 'External Storage' menu" ?

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• And I'm guessing now that I have made some edits to some profiles (and stored them...) the order in which I will need to execute is:

1) Plug KPA into Mac via rear USB port and backup everything (as above - from the 'external storage menu'...)

2) Plug USB stick into front port of KPA to format it appropriately

3) Download 3.0.1 Beta firmware and save Kaos file to USB stick

4) Plug USB stick into front USB port on KPA and when booting up, should be a prompt to install this latest firmware update...

5) After updating, restore rigs from step 1 onto the unit...

...Correct?! PHEW

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• The external storage menu is for the USB stick (I never do backups via Rig Manager - I don't know how - and for some reason feel that having them on USB instead of my computer is somehow safer, haha!). I think it's a soft key that appears once the stick is connected in Browse mode, IIRC.

Cheese,
    Sam

• I'll use both purely for reliability purposes! Love how fluid and easy the Kemper products/information is to use and digest... EXCELSIOR!

I've just updated to the latest firmware using the beta download 3.0.2 ... Will I need to install the 49 merged packs somehow (or are they included in this beta download...?)

It doesn't state anywhere on the unit the number of profiles contained does it ?? Scratch that! - Rig Manager is auto syncing and says I have 299 rigs in total! (Does anyone know if this will included the 49 mergred profiles?)

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

Edited once, last by nEVH5150 ().

• I feel like that there is a bit of "flubbiness" on the low end (playing in Drop C at the moment) ie. the 6th string - sort of waffle-like since I've updated the firmware :/

(I can't recall if it was doing it before the update as this is only the 2nd time I've played my Kemper and the first time was 2 days ago... It's only when really slack playing on the 6th string ie. barely picking and on hi-gain / driven sounds...) Unfortunately, I didn't record any hi-gain stuff into my DAW a couple days ago when I first got it as I was playing clean stuff....so can't compare!! Maybe it's just me and I'd forgotten what it sounded like from 2 days ago ....

Also, it's happening when I vibrato a note... the sustain sort of gives way to flubiness :(

MY BAD - IT WAS THE NOISEGATE! How do you delete a comment hahaha

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

Edited 3 times, last by nEVH5150 ().

• Easy... install the previous version again and check by yourself :)

When you know how... ;)!

How do you go about reverting the firmware to its' previous state? Also, would affect any rigs / presets though?!

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Take a USB stick and have it formatted in the profiler.
    Then download the 3.0.1 beta and put the kaos file in the update folder of the stick.
    The profiler will ask you if you want to update.

Hi Ingolf,

Shouldn't the new firmware kaos file be placed on the drives root directory?