Setting OVERALL Input Sensitivity

• So IF I am seeing the input led flash red, increase the Distortion Sensitivity?

No. Distortion sense is only to balance the gain of all profiles between different pickups; ie if you wanted the same Rig to have the same amount of gain with low output vintage humbuckers on one guitar as it would with high output djenty pickups in another. Check the Input section tutorial video to understand how to use Clean and Distortion sense.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• No. Distortion sense is only to balance the gain of all profiles between different pickups; ie if you wanted the same Rig to have the same amount of gain with low output vintage humbuckers on one guitar as it would with high output djenty pickups in another. Check the Input section tutorial video to understand how to use Clean and Distortion sense.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So then say I am using a single coil loaded guitar and a hot humbucker loaded guitar, I would tweak the DS up on the single coil until it sounded like the same amount of gain? That makes sense. How do I keep my guitar from getting the input light flashing red? Besides RTFM???

• By RTFM! Oh, wait...

Dist sense is equivalent to raising the gain on ALL profiles (though the input section may have to be locked for it to work this way). That's ALL it is - gain adjustment (i.e. distortion). it's just not tied to a single profile.

So if you want your lower output strat to give you the same amount of distortion as your EMG-81s, then use the dist sense. Or something like that.

Clean sense is what you use to keep it from flashing red.

• Ok got it. So if I am chugging away on a profile with my PRS loaded with Bareknuckle's and see a LOT of red, go into the Input section and adjust the Clean Sens until the Red goes away? I will give that a go. I should mention, this is happening on distorted, high gain profiles and NOT my clean sounds.

• It happens when the Input is not locked. Set CS per guitar, save as a preset if you use more than one guitar, and lock the input. Done :)

CS operates before any distortion stage, so it has nothing to do with the clean\dist nature of the rig. It's that each rig carries also the input settings, and will override yours if not locked.

• It happens when the Input is not locked. Set CS per guitar, save as a preset if you use more than one guitar, and lock the input. Done :)

CS operates before any distortion stage, so it has nothing to do with the clean\dist nature of the rig. It's that each rig carries also the input settings, and will override yours if not locked.

Yes I use both lower output single coil guitars and mid output humbucker loaded guitars. I think this is starting to make sense.

• Soooo...

guess what worked? Adjusting the Clean Sens dropped it 3db and now I am still getting some yellow but no red at all. Didn't even notice I was clipping the Output too and that is also resolved.

thanks all!