KPAEditor Community Project(vst, standalone, win, mac , linux ) - based on http://ctrlr.org/ .

• Thanks! Now I'm mapping parameters (and their order) available for each effect. There are 53 possible parameters to map on 58 effects... ;(

A strange thing: Wha Phaser (Stomp Type $0005) have 13 parameters, Stomp Phaser (Stomp Type $0006) seems to be the same but have 14 parameters with a duplicated Pedal Mode in both position 5 and 8. Never used this effect so I don't know if there is something really different a part repeated Pedal Mode in the interface.

I will check this tomorrow - it's late here now:) Thank you that you are interested in this project:)

• Wow!!! Thank you for all you do!! This is incredible work. I can't wait to see the full implementation. I think Kemper should hire you and pay you a lot of money (and all their gear free)!.

• The parameters for each Wha stomps/effects are available for anyone want to implement full Wha stomp/effect configuration. I will try also but I haven't so much time...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7dl…NikiuDasds87hg79gK5a?dl=0

Found that parameter to On/Off "Freeze Formants" on Pedal Pitch etc. ---> 65 ($41). Value $0000 to switch off and $0001 to switch on as usual.

SysEx Examples:
    Stomp A ($32) Freeze Formants ($41) On ($0001) -> f0002033027f010032410001f7
    Stomp A ($32) Freeze Formants ($41) Off ($0000) -> f0002033027f010032410000f7

Now I'm searching NPRNs for Pedal Toe and Pedal Heel for Pedal Pitch...

@KPA Team : there is any chance to have an up to date KPA Midi doc? ?(

• We have all nrpn for stomps parameters but not grouped for specific stomps types.:) now we implementing this.
    After that we will be grouping this parameters into the efect types.
    Thank you for helping:)

• Hey!!! Just read the whole thread... Dont know what to say else then my chin is at my knees!! Simply mindblowing work! And what an effort! I sincerely hope all involved in this get acknowledgement in some way!!!
    keep up the amazing work!!!

• @DamianGreda

Ok, so I can help you giving the list of parameters available for each effect/stomp without regard on NPRN? This can be done in much less time... (I hope :rolleyes: )

I made this concept for a Wha panel:

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/t4t…AAAHimrxMLQ8-d9lpJW1vjvja

Not jet implemented sysex command. I need to study how compose a sysex concatenating parts (based on stomp/effect assigned). Then I need to study how to enable/disable parameters in base on PedalMode.

Probably there are a more efficient ways to to implement stomps interface in a generic way... For example a tab for each stomp/effect with parameters filtered (grouped, sorted, greyed or hidden) in base of the stomp type. This can drive to much easy coding.

• Very Nice panel for Wah :)

Any help is priceless.:) yes - you can gather info about stomps and name of the parameters:) Thank you very much:)

• After 3 hours sending SysEx from my PC and navigating on KPA.. :wacko: We have the full map of all stomp effects with their respective parameters (missining only reverb/delay post stack effects). For some parameters (expecially for Pitch effects) maybe that some parameters are mapped on same NPRN but I preferred to mantain the original description on KPA display.
    Into the map are also reported the range of values specific for each parameter (ie. from 0.0 to 10.0, or -100% to 100%, -12.0 db to 12.0 db, list of values and so on). I think that this can be useful too,
    There are also notes about relationship between parameters (some parameters are enabled by others).

May be there are few mistakes (1:25AM in Italy ) ...I apologize in advance. Now I'm going to sleep ;) .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nu6s…/StompParameters.xls?dl=0

Note: Excel preview on dropbox is very bad, best to download the file and open with MS Office/Open Office to retain formatting.

• Thank you for hard work - I'm sure we will use that gathered info in editor:)

• This is really great work!
    TBH, I - in my current use - do not need this, as my Kemper sits directly next to my Computer, but I am sure, if this progresses, I will become a heavy user of that ;)

Another question: Can you read out the complete kipr file and save it on the computer? Would it be hard work to put such a reading, saving and loading function into a VST, so that one could save the current rig used fpr a track directly ind the DAW right on this track? So if you later want to add or change this track, you could just click on the VST to load the kipr that yu used before...
    I once put a feature request for this - however, this was flushed away buy a flood of other good ideas - and of course spring reverb ;)
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…read/17461-DAW-Interface/?

CU and THANKS AGAIN!!!!

• Wonder what the Kemper team are thinking.
    Because this is not officially supported, and if enough people start using it, will they be careful when they do their updates to not destroy all this work?

• They wont care - because exactly this is the meaning of "not officially suppoted". Or in better words: the expenses of support are not only in implementing and writing the docu, but also in paying attention to have everything running - also in the future and with different combinations of OSs, FWs and RMs. However, changing midi asseingments and similar things will cause problems exactly in these categories.. thus, its not very likely. BUT if for some strange reason a change is needed, these things are more important than a "not officially supported" third party programm.

Still.., some developer might keep this thing "unofficially" in mind and might try to not change some things that might effact this.

• If it was to get big enough and used enough and Kemper was to update without keeping this in mind, unofficially or not, these are your customers that have been asking for this for a long time now.
    These guys, in a short time are getting it done.
    What do you do?