What pedal for using the wah fx of kemper?

• don't have the remote but I think I can share some tips.

1) better an exp pedal than a real wah?
    this is simple because the kemper wah is simply outstanding. I have been using it since 3 years already on every stage in my tours. in addition the exp+kemper wah has three advantages the real wah don't have: it can be activated or deactivated by stopping it (in every position you stop) and can be mixed, i.e. you can decide how much wah fx you want to hear and let hear, is has no switch like a real wah which sometimes is tricky to push.
    no real wah in the market can do this. one exception would have been the Vai morley but this is not true since it doesn't need a switch to activate it but it stops only at heel position.

2) you need an expression pedal to do it which is most of the time a volume pedal as well. if I don't get wrong you can have the sampe thing with a volume pedal but I dont remember well. I'm sure about the exp pedal though, which I'm using. I have two rocktron exp pedals, pretty affordable and for sure not the best in the market but never failed one minute in my performances

hope this helps

mic

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Nice, thanks for the answers and what about which specific pedals do you prefer?

Nice, thanks for the answers and what about which specific pedals do you prefer

there are many nice exp pedals. as said I have the rocktron hex pedals which are indentical in dimension to the original cry baby. but there are many better and of course more expensive, like the ernie ball.

make your choice taking a look at how you want to place them in your pedalboard. in my case I tour with the All Access (rocktron) and two exp pedals fixed on the base with two nice tool, the pedalboots (google it). in other words I needed to have my pedals firm on the base board and since the pedalboots have a standard size for the cry baby like wah, going with the rocktron was the best choice for me.

but a tons of different situation are just fine if you customize the component for your needs......in other words, the best situation for you is the one that does what you expect, no matter if others are using it or not.

here's a pic of my setup. consider that the morley wah pedal was there prior to the kemper FW which implemented the whammy in the kemper. after that FW I got rid of the morley

[Blocked Image: http://www.mellner.com/utili/pb.jpg]

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

Edited 3 times, last by michaelmellner ().