Posts by allegretto

I'm using the remote in profiling mode. 1-5 buttons are here to choose the rigs, but what if you press for second time the same button? Is it supposed to do something else?Thanks
    I can't find it in the manual that came with the remote.

So,how accurate is the Kemper Tuner? I wan to buy a TC electronic polytune tuner just for perfect tuning of my guitars before a CD recording. Do you think that will be useful to me because of the quality of it or Kemper's tuner is equally good?

I want to record a hammond B3 organ but I think that all the existing cabinets/rotators of the VSTis are not to good.
    So, is there any way to use the B3 vsti without the cabinet ant use the CK Rotary speaker profile for the cabinet?
    The main problem is that the VSTis are stereo and the input of the KPA just mono....

Thanks and happy new year to all!

I just got a new interface, well new to me. An RME Fireface 400, with SPDIF ins and outputs. I had the same issue the OP is complaining about. The SPDIF sounded horrible. The analog outputs sounded great. What I did notice is that the RME preference panel showed that the sample rate at 48 and it seems the Kemper is sending 44.1 out. I switched the clock source of the Fireface to SPDIF and the problem instantly went away, but now my system runs at 44.1 khz... which is less than optimal for me so I'm not sure if I'll use it. I like the extra hz as it helps when using software that uses audio rate modulation.

The 44.1 samplerate is problem for me too. I'm recording mostly at 48 and sometimes at 96 khz. Is there any solution on this?

And your comparison is completely invalid as you're comparing apples and oranges.
    The unpowered Kemper Head/Rack is 1.590 €.
    The Helix is 1.479 €.
    So everything that @Geraldo7 said is valid.

In your comparison you are comparing oranges and apples. I compared the kemper complete solution with line6's complete solution. Means helix from one side and kemper with kemper floor board at the other. I did'nt compare it or include a behringer floorboard neither a 1000 euros roland as I could..

And your comparison is completely invalid as you're comparing apples and oranges.
    The unpowered Kemper Head/Rack is 1.590 €.
    The Helix is 1.479 €.
    So everything that @Geraldo7 said is valid.

Ok, you chose just what you wanted from my text. I've said that 2111 is the Kpa+floorboard. Didn't I? I said too, that the complete Kemper solution will like Helix will cost 2111 plus an expression pedal. So in summary you choose.

I think that if we have a look at the price tag, Helix is much much cheaper. Kemper costs 500 euros more with the remote plus 100-150 for a nice pedal...and also Helix is more portable.
    Very nice video!
    Congratulations Line6!

In Germany the difference between the two products is 111.- Euro at Thomanns. The difference at Sweetwater is 489 Dollar, not Euro. Buying in the US is possible, but problematic here, because of custom duty which eats away most of the savings. Just for the record. If the gap were bigger like in the US, would be better for the product which will find its niche anyway.[/quote]

I think that you are not so good in mathematics. :))
    Kemper in Germany costs 2.111 and Helix 1525. Also for the Kemper you will need to buy a volume/wah pedal for 100-150 euros. So the cost goes to 2210..It's 700 euros more..

At last. but not least: if i have a look at the price tag of those two products, really, sorry, the discussion is over before it has begun

First things first: Thanx for sharing! It feels like testing both tools myself in a shop. That being said my 2 cents

• At last. but not least: if i have a look at the price tag of those two products, really, sorry, the discussion is over before it has begun
    • 45 Amps, 30 Speakers, 16 Microphones and 70 Effects is not so overwhelmingly much, considering the possibilities u have got with the KPA

I think that if we have a look at the price tag, Helix is much much cheaper. Kemper costs 500 euros more with the remote plus 100-150 for a nice pedal...and also Helix is more portable.
    Very nice video!
    Congratulations Line6!

Makes complete sense now that we can adjust performances around in the RE.........

If we could get an overall volume leveler ( that I've talked about too many times before ) in Performance mode it would make my night to night Set List adjustment life almost complete :)

If we could get an overall volume leveler ( that I've talked about too many times before ) in Performance mode it would make my night to night.
    I'm looking for that too!!

I've used perfect because I liked the sound of the KPA and thought that was 100% authentic. Now why are we admit that wasn't so authentic and now is more? And it's now more authentic or it's more authentic without the pure cabinet and we just think that now it's more authentic because the sound it's more liked with it pure cabinet to our ears?

Sorry but I can't get the meaning and of the pure cabinet. We have the "perfect" sound of our digital amp (KPA) because it is the same sound has our favourite amp with the chain of our mic/amp and cabinet. Right?
    If I have the "perfect" sound for example for my recording what is this that can make the "perfect" better?