The first gig...

• Did the first gig with the kemper yesterday...
    1 lunchbox, 1 kemper remote, 2 Yams DXR 12 did a wonderful job...
    Got a few compliments from colleague guitarist about the sound... :D
    I'm really convinced that for me, the tube era is over... ;)

I just had 1 scary moment when a part of the club we were gigging went black because a fuse blew up...
    Our kempers were still powered when I told my mate, "fortunately the kempers are still working, wouldn't do good if their power was cut off..." when the guy from the club took out the main fuse... <X
    When the power came back the kemper of my fellow guitarist started up, but mine did not...
    After checking all cables and things I was almost ready to wet my pants when my fellow guitarist switched the chicken head to "perform", and the kemper started up...
    No need to say that I could smile again, certainly when I checked all rigs/perform data were ok...

No explanation why it took about 5 minutes before the kemper started up...
    One thing is certain, next gig I'll get a UPS for the kempers... :P

Edited 2 times, last by krikke ().

• Glad it went well! FYI I've looked into UPS as well but decided against them, 99.9% of the time the Kemper goes down the house is down as well. While the Kemper is slower at loading than most PA's it's really no worse than your average tube amp. Crack a joke on the mic never had a complaint about it from the crowd, after all we don't bring the power, it's supplied, good or bad. I do delete all non favorite rigs before any show so the reboot is quicker.

• good to know about the chicken knob! so far i have done about 3 or 4 gigs with the kemper and all has gone well.
    direct to pa with personal mixers and ear buds. no need to even bring a cab.although i do miss the sounds of my magic dust red plate amp and 2x12 cab the kemper kicks some nice tones direct to in-ear.

• No explanation why it took about 5 minutes before the kemper started up...

The Profiler has got a switch protecting the unit from overcurrent. This switch could be for example activated if you don't properly use the chickenhead to switch off (as in a mains fail). The protection will not release before the power supply will be completely empty. You might not notice this if you shut down for more than five minutes.
    By switching the chickenhead you're forcing a further current absorption, speeding up the process.

Next time it happens, unplug the mains cord and switch the unit on and off a couple of times. This will discharge any residual current and make the switch... switch off :)