Kemper Im Not Sure

• Ok Im sure Im gonna get killed for this but I want to get some feedback. I got a Kemper going through a ISP Stealth into a Mesa 4x12. I bought a bunch of DI profiles online. I also DI my personal amp collection.So the cleans are pretty solid and I do like, but the gain channels tend to sound the same. I want to really bond with this amp and Im looking for some help. Im just not happy withthe gain channels, there is just a certain compressed almost digital feel to the tones in high gain modes. Ive only got a week left before I have the option to return. Im willing to do what I need to do, not sure if its for me or its my setup. The bottom line when I plug into my Mark V or my JVM or my 5153 or my Orange Dark Terror they have there own tone and feel. When I play through Kemper, its close but there is somthing in them all that makes them sound the same (processed). I have read the manuel before I profiled them through the Kemper. Im open to any ideas.

• If you want a faithful reproduction of your amp tones through a guitar cab, concentrate on pure DI amp profiling and forget about studio and merged profiles for the beginning.

If your unaltered DI amp profiles do not sound authentic through a linear solid state amp i would try to elminate possible causes for the problem. Try a different solid state power amp and a different DI box. I recommend to start with amp master volume at 10 to 20 %. Also check the cables. If you have the same problems with different source amps it is likely one of those components.

• I had this same issue with mine when I had it. They just all mashed together. I did try a few DI profiles as well before I sold it and it was only marginally better.

• same post? ;)
    Kemper good for high gain???

have you made DI profiles that also capture the poweramp?
    meaning from a DI box between your amp and the cabinet (!) - not from a fx send or DI output on the amp.

(edit)
    you are comparing
    your amps -> Mesa 4x12
    to
    Profiler -> ISP Stealth -> Mesa 4x12
    right?
    it seems the ISP Stealth is not a neutral poweramp - from their website:
    "Class A/B amplifier circuit for analog saturation and clipping sonic performance"
    since all the information of the amp's poweramp will already be in the profile (if done as described above) this is not only unnecessary but could also lead to a certain similarity you seems to experience.