MIDI

• I would like to control my main Kemper amp,and my spare Kemper amp with my remote controller via midi,
    So when switch to another performance on my main amp, it also changes on my spare amp,
    How can I do that, I believe it's midi thru to midi in on the spare amp, but I don't know how to execute it! Can anyone help?

• Hi Fingers,

I haven't tried with two KPA's but, I think first of all both KPA's must be matched. Same firmware vers. , same rigs, same settings etc. The best way to do this taking a back up from main KPA and load that in to spare KPA.

Then, make the physical connections as Robman mentioned. Take a look at your rigs' MIDI program change values and send them from your MIDI controller.

Sound Engineer, Musician, Animal Rights Activist.

Fender '89 Clapton Strat, EMG DG20, KPA, Martin, SSL, Neve, Manley, Tube-Tech, Millennia, API, Lynx, RME, Avid, Apple, Adam...

• What if you wanted to have a different amp on each? To get the sound of two amps running together.
    Is this not possible with the Kemper remote?

Yes, you can do this:
    In Performance Mode, you would set the two Kempers to DIFFERENT MIDI Channels - One Kemper would be connected directly to the Remote. The second Kemper would be connected to the first Kemper with a MIDI Cable. Each Performance Slot allows a separate program changes on one or two separate MIDI channels.