Footswitch issue with 3.1.2 (external footswitch into Switch/Pedal input)

• Hi all, last night I was trying to get an external TRS NO dual footswitch to work with my toaster with 3.1.2 installed. I set footswitch 2 to Dual, with tip switch as Delay On/Off, and ring as Tap Tempo. The footswitch would not change any of the effects. I tried 3 different footswitches of the same type, and none of them worked. However, when they were plugged in, in the Footswitch setup page, the Kemper recognized that a footswitch was plugged in. Setting up footswitch 2 input had the same behavior. Anyone seen anything like this? Did I have a brain lapse and forget to switch something else? Thanks.

• Tonight I worked with the footswitch after checking its operation with an ohmmeter (it works fine). I then plugged in a volume pedal to pedal input 2 and after setup and calibration it worked correctly. I then plugged in the footswitch again, set it up, and it is now working correctly as well. Problem solved.

Maybe the Kemper needs to be in Calibrate mode before it will recognize a footswitch?

• Maybe the Kemper needs to be in Calibrate mode before it will recognize a footswitch?

Yes, that's what I've found with a foot switch connected to the remote. Need to calibrate it. This was not necessary before when connecting a foot switch directly to the profiler (not tested this in latest OS).

• Yep, I had trouble with my 2-button TRS footswitch tonight too. I tried a bunch of different things, hitting the switches many times, changing the polarity option, changing the rig up/down settings, and unplugging and replugging and eventually it started to work again. I'm not sure what fixed the issue.

• I had the same issue, changing the polarity worked for me

Wrong polarity means, that the action is not triggerd by the push of the button but by its release. If there is no action at all you either need to calibrate, the action is meaningless in current context, or your switch/cable is broken.

• Maybe a stupid question, but how do i calibrate the pedals please?
    I have a behringer fcb1010 with uno4kemper connected and just updated to 3.1.4.
    I can see the calobrate button but it seems lik e norhing is happening when I psuh the buttons

• Maybe a stupid question, but how do i calibrate the pedals please?
    I have a behringer fcb1010 with uno4kemper connected and just updated to 3.1.4.
    I can see the calobrate button but it seems lik e norhing is happening when I psuh the buttons

In this case do the calibration procedure as per the description in the Behringer manual.

• Oh sorry, so I have to calibrate the pedals on the Behringer itself, not on the Kemper?
    Used the Behringer before so perhaps no calibration is needed?

MIDI pedals need to be calibrated inside the footcontroller. For the Behringer there are youtube videos showing how to do it. If you can control the whole range from min to max there is no need for another calibration. You have the control bars for volume, modulation/Wah, pitch and Monitor Output Volume in the Profiler's System menu. The Behringer FCB1010 often needs to be calibrated when it's brandnew.