Horizontal line missing from lcd screen

• Today i powered up kemper and i noticed that a horizontal line was missing from lcd screen.
    You can see the issue clearly from the pictures i attached. I already contacted support.
    I bought it on 25/9/2013 so it's still on warranty. That's a pity though. What may have
    caused this?

• Well i am really frustrated right now! They told me to contact my dealer to get the profiler repaired in a certified service center! Everything was good until today that i did it! I contacted my greek dealer (i'm from Greece) where i bought the Kemper and they told me to pay 50-60 euros (!!!) for shipping to send it to Kemper company to be repaired! They said to me that Kemper company doesn't cover the shipping costs to send the defect Kemper to them, that is the deal that has been made, which is something that noone informed me, either wise i would have bought it from Thomann music store! This is totally unacceptable for me, the profiler is still on warranty and i am really disappointed of kemper service already and the trouble i got in! That's a shame! Wanting for Kemper's support response!

• When I had my LED's repaired I could have sent it straight to Kemper which would have cost me £60 or I could send it back to my dealer (Andertons) and they would arrange for it to be sent to Kemper with no cost to me. I'd contact your dealer again

Contact them again? Why? I just went at the physical store 1 hour ago to give them the profiler in order to send it and we had this conversation! They clearly said to me that Kemper company doesn't cover the shipping costs to send it for repair (that's the deal both have made) and they don't cover it, too! So i have to pay 50-60 euros if i want my dealer to send the profiler to be repaired! So what's the point to have the dealer send it for me if i could do it by myself? We speaking about a machine in warranty for which i have to pay 50-60 euros! And my profiler is left at my dealer's store until the shipping/money issue is resolved!

• I don't see why it should be different from store to store, if something is in warranty and fails here in England, I would not be willing to pay for the repair in any way. I'm sure the Kemper team will help you

I don't know! I agree it shouldn't but it is different! Maybe because England doesn't suffer from economic crisis as we suffer here in Greece! And my dealer (which isn't a big one) of course doesn't want to lose money from shipping problematic profilers back to company for repair! Το pay for a product not in warranty to be repaired i get it, but to pay for shipping costs for a product in warranty? It's a bummer! I hope Kemper team will help me, too! I worked very hard and i was saving money for a lot of time to buy the profiler, as many others i suppose, and now i have to pay again! And let's say that after the screen repair a led dies while the profiler is still on warranty do i have to pay again to sent it back one more time? Anyway, i will keep you posted! I'm still in contact with support!

• When I had to repair my KPA I sent it back through my dealer (in Italy) and I didn't pay one €uro.
    My suggestion is that you contact again Kemper support in order to know if your dealer is right or not.
    Good luck.

• Well i am really frustrated right now! They told me to contact my dealer to get the profiler repaired in a certified service center! Everything was good until today that i did it! I contacted my greek dealer (i'm from Greece) where i bought the Kemper and they told me to pay 50-60 euros (!!!) for shipping to send it to Kemper company to be repaired! They said to me that Kemper company doesn't cover the shipping costs to send the defect Kemper to them, that is the deal that has been made, which is something that noone informed me, either wise i would have bought it from Thomann music store! This is totally unacceptable for me, the profiler is still on warranty and i am really disappointed of kemper service already and the trouble i got in! That's a shame! Wanting for Kemper's support response!

Well, I don't know if it is in all EU countries, but here in Poland where you need to have repaired something under warranty, you don't pay even a cent. Don't blame Kemper service, since you only know what "your shop" told you. This smells for me like they (whoever sold you Profiler) want to take your money.

It is on warranty - retailer is responsible to get if fixed for you. You don't care how they send Profiler to Germany. They may even use post pigeon :)

I was dealing twice with Kemper service and can say only good word. I had to pay to ship Profiler to service on the second time, but it was out of warranty then.

• When I had to repair my KPA I sent it back through my dealer (in Italy) and I didn't pay one €uro.
    My suggestion is that you contact again Kemper support in order to know if your dealer is right or not.
    Good luck.

Well Kemper support may not know Greek consumer law, but for sure they may be helpful anyway. I'd suggest contact local authorities, your retailer is playing bad.

• Guys hold on a minute! The dealer i bought the Kemper is listed here --> http://www.kemper-amps.com/pag…ers_and_Distributors.html as certified dealer! If you choose Greece you can see it yourself:

Unison Audiostore
    Tzortz 3 street- Kaniggos Square
    10677 Athens
    Ph: 0210 3301028
    [email protected]

Ok, i should have waited for support response, what i said clearly came out of my frustration! Maybe my dealer doesn't play fair, we will find it out! That's something Kemper staff should know and not trust them again for bussiness, if it is true! Also i am expecting from them to contact my dealer and solve this issue! Or just offer me a solution with which i won't have to pay even 1 euro!

Support just answered me that they will check with their sales department regarding the way warranty repairs are handled for units sold through their greek dealer and they will get back to me with more info when they receive it.

• I don't know! I agree it shouldn't but it is different! Maybe because England doesn't suffer from economic crisis as we suffer here in Greece! And my dealer (which isn't a big one) of course doesn't want to lose money from shipping problematic profilers back to company for repair! Το pay for a product not in warranty to be repaired i get it, but to pay for shipping costs for a product in warranty? It's a bummer! I hope Kemper team will help me, too! I worked very hard and i was saving money for a lot of time to buy the profiler, as many others i suppose, and now i have to pay again! And let's say that after the screen repair a led dies while the profiler is still on warranty do i have to pay again to sent it back one more time? Anyway, i will keep you posted! I'm still in contact with support!

Your dealer just doesn't play fair. You shouldn't care about any agreements who pays what and when, when you're under warranty.

• This is a weird story. I'm pretty sure that warranty is handled the same in the EU, regardless of the country.

That's what i though. I'm curious about support response, because they said they have to ckeck it, they weren't sure. So maybe something different is singed in contract between them and my dealer. I hope not.

Maybe try to contact this authority http://www.synigoroskatanaloti.gr/ecc_contact_en.html if retailer will insist on the fee. Don't give up for a moment. Stay strong.

Thanks a lot for the link. I will definitely not gonna give up, that's a crappy way to deal with their customers.

Thanks a lot for the support guys. Let's see what will happen. Hopefully today i will get an answer from Kemper's support.

• "Dear Imetalmike,

The sales department replied back this morning.
    During the dealer warranty period the dealer will cover the shipping cost to the service center.
    Your
    dealer is offering a two year warranty. If your unit is still covered
    by that warranty the dealer will pay for the shipping.
    If your unit
    was purchased more than two years ago you still have 1 year of factory
    warranty left. This will cover the cost of repairs and labor and the
    shipping back to you. However you will have to pay for the shipping to
    the service center in that case.
    Please lt me know if you need any further assistance regarding this issue.

Sincerely,
    Hans-Jörg Scheffler"

My response:

"You are wrong and i can prove it. Firstly, when i bought the Kemper from my
    dealer he said to me that it has 2 years warranty but he added one more year,
    which means i have 3 years warranty from my dealer. Check the document i
    attached. On top right corner, with black background, it says about 2
    years but when he signed the document and put the stamp he wrote 3 years
    and told me that this is my warranty period, 3 years. My dealer just
    doesn't play fair and i want from you to give me a solution. It is
    unacceptable that i have to pay 50-60 euros to ship the profiler to you
    for a product that has 3 years factory warranty and as i proved to you
    it has also 3 years dealer warranty. Please contact my dealer to solve
    this issue as soon as possible. The situation that you put me in is
    dissapointing."

• "Dear Imetalmike,

I think you are barking at the wrong tree here. This is an issue between you and your dealer and not between you and Kemper.
    During
    the dealer warranty period the dealer is responsible to handle any
    warranty case. This is totally in your favour. We did not put you into
    any situation but assured you that you do not need to cover any cost
    during the dealer warranty period.
    Please approach your dealer with
    your document and ask him to contact us in case he needs more
    information about the dealer contract.

Sincerely,
    Hans-Jörg Scheffler
    Kemper Amps Support Team"

My response:

"Ι am unprotected here. My dealer told me that i have 3 years of warranty
    but i have to pay the shipping costs. How could i prove him that he must
    pay for the shipping? You have to help me in this, i am your customer. Is it so
    difficult for you to contact them and tell them that if they offer me 3
    years dealer warranty the have to pay the shipping costs? Because if i
    do they won't accept it."

I contacted my dealer again and they say that they will speak with kemper team to handle the issue...also Kemper support told me that they will ask sales team to contact my dealer regarding my issue....let's see...

• Just print out the response from Kemper and show it to your dealer. The situation is obvious: Your dealer has to handle this.

Don't blame Kemper...they responded quickly in a professional manner (You're email style is rather rude....but they still responded nicely :-)).

• Just print out the response from Kemper and show it to your dealer. The situation is obvious: Your dealer has to handle this.

Don't blame Kemper...they responded quickly in a professional manner (You're email style is rather rude....but they still…

As you read from support's response profiler's dealer warranty defines the shipping costs to send the kemper to company for repairing, so factory warranty only matters for free repairing and shipping costs for sending the repaired kemper back! Did you knew it? If not, now you know! None informed me about it! So if dealer's warranty is less years than factory warranty you are screwed, kemper company doesn't cover shipping costs to send it and you have to pay!

My email style is rather rude? I got into trouble and in a situation that i was in the middle...dealer said to me to talk with kemper support and kemper support told me to talk with my dealer! It's their deal that they need to make clear!