Going from FRFR to standard 2x12 cabinet

• I have a pair of very nice, practically new Scumback S75 12" speakers essentially collecting dust in my Vox AC30HW, and I had an idea on putting them to use. I'd really like to put these in an empty 2x12 cabinet (like an Avatar) and add a good power amp, so I'd have an extremely powerful traditional amp/cabinet rig.

For those of you using a non-powered KPA with a traditional cabinet (non FRFR like CLR or Matrix) what power amp are you using and what has your experience been like in a live setting? Do you use strictly direct amp profiles, or can you use studio/merged profiles with the cabinets turned off? I have a HUGE collection of profiles that I'd like to keep using.

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• I use a Fryette Power Station and mostly studio profiles when I play with my guitar cab. Sounds awesome!

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• I use an Ambrosi retrofit. I use any kind of profile by just killing the cab. Dragoon Celestion Vintage 2x12".
    Never use it live, don't want to have to do with thr old style any longer. Just tske it with me for jams or in private parties.
    :)

• ISP Stealth into Mesa Recto 2x12. Sounds great, no live action with it, but prefer it more now than into my FRFR monitors which I originally thought sounded better. Maybe the cold weather is affecting my hearing :whistling:

• I use a t amp 800 linear poweramp with a mesa boogie 2 x12 v30. Poweramp is a cheap one from thomann but i can say it' s absolutely top.
    I use all kinds of profiles , cab sim off and hear what you like best. Also studio profiles can sound with cab sim off.

cheers
    Frank