• I haven't been able to find a profiled Park. This amp was a revelation for me on the HD500, and I've read quite a few people who similarly found this the best of the line6 bunch. Although I'm spoilt for options with the kemper, I can't help wondering what decent profiling and kemper-levels of clarity could do with a Park 75...

• i can profile the one in my HD 500 :)

if i remember correctly, Park was not actually any different from Marshalls, but Marshall couldn't market Marshalls in Europe due to some licensing agreement or something like that. I'd try out some Marshall JTM and Plexi profiles.

Top Jimi has good profiles of both. M Britt has a great, nicely priced Plexi pack. There's a thread about AC/DC tone mentioning numerous JTM's worth looking into. Any authentic awesome AC/DC profiles?

• From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…cation#Park_amplification

Distribution deal
    Marshall entered into a 15-year distribution deal with British company Rose-Morris during 1965, which gave him the capital to expand his manufacturing operations, though it would prove to be costly. In retrospect, Marshall admitted the Rose-Morris deal was "the biggest mistake I ever made. Rose-Morris hadn't a clue, really. For export, they added 55% onto my price, which pretty much priced us out of the world market for a long time."[6]

Park amplification
    The new contract had disenfranchised several of Marshall's former distributors, among them his old friend Johnny Jones. Marshall's contract did not prevent him from building amplifiers outside the company, and so Marshall launched the Park brand name, inspired by the maiden name of Jones's wife.[7] To comply with his contract stipulations, these amplifiers had minor circuit changes compared to the regular Marshalls, and minor changes to the appearance. For instance, often the Parks had silver or black front panels instead of the Marshall's gold ones, some of the enclosures were taller or shaped differently, and controls were laid out and labeled differently.[8]

Starting in early 1965, Park produced a number of amplifiers including a 45-watt head. Most of these had Marshall layout and components, though some unusual amplifiers were made, such as a 75 watt keyboard amplifier with KT88 tubes. A 2×12" combo had the option of sending the first channel into the second, probably inspired by Marshall users doing the same trick with a jumper cable.[7] The 1972 Park 75 put out about 100 watts by way of two KT88s, whereas the comparable 50-watt Model 1987 of that time used 2EL34 tubes.[8]

In 1982, Park came to an end, though Marshall later revived the brand for some transistor amplifiers made in Asia.[7] The Parks made from the mid-1960s to around 1974 (the "golden years"), with point-to-point wiring—rumoured to be "a little hotter" than regular Marshalls—fetch higher prices than comparable "real" Marshalls from the same period.[8]

• As suggested above, they are a different beast.

I should clarify - the majority of my playing is clean. I used to gravitate towards Fender amps, but have never been 100% happy with them (to my surprise, my favorite kemper profile so far has probably been britt's champ). I like the Vox ac-30, but not for lead. I have a wide range of britt, amp factory and top jimi profiles and have not found a Marshall profile I prefer over fender for cleans.

For me, the Park clean sound (at least what I had on the HD500) takes a Fender-ish tone and gives it more body. Add overdrive and it's pretty sweet too, but once you get into heavy distortion territory, then I would go for a plexi.

In addition to what paults quoted above, Parks are now being put out independently (?) as a boutique amp: parkamplifiers.com

MeAmBobbo: I'd be interested in hearing the results of that! (but I would really love hear what could be done with the 'real deal')

• Opinions will differ, but a Friedman Dirty Shirley can be dialed to be very reminiscent to my recollection of the Park 75 tone.
    How an amp is dialed and captured can make a world of difference.

Using the "Low" Friedman input on the DS would come much closer than the "High" would, but the volume adjustment is going to be key.