PoE adaptor for longer Remote cable.

• I need to run a 65ft (20 meters) ethernet cable out to the KPA Remote as all our gear lives in racks back behind the drummer. Anyone have any experience with Power over Ethernet (PoE) adaptors? I read the reference manual and it seem pretty straight forward, but is there anything i need to look out for or take into account before I buy an adaptor?

From page 117 of KPA Referene Manual:

The diameter of the wire is the critical factor. The cable delivered with the Remote meets American Wire Gauge 24 (AWG), which can support up to 7.5m (22ft) length. AWG 26 cables have a smaller diameter and can only support up to 5m (15ft). Cables with higher AWG e. g. AWG 28 should not be used with the Remote.

Cables in excess of 10m (30ft) might require a Power over Ethernet Injector (PoE Injector). This way, distances of more than 100m (300ft) can be bridged. Using a PoE switch even multiple Remotes can be connected to one Profiler.

Supported are IEEE standard 802.3af-2003 as well as 802.3at-2009 mode A. Be aware that only mode A can be used, mode B is not functional! Here is a list of equipment we have tested successfully: PoE injectors: TP-LINK® TL-POE 150S PoE switches: TP-LINK® TL-SG1008P (8 port gigabit switch with 4 port PoE) Allnet® ALL8085 Switch (8 Port 10/100TX)

• hi, do i habe to install the Unit beneath the Kemper Plug a cable from Kemper to the Units Input and from there i Chose one of the Outputs going via another cable into my Remote ?

greets & rock on !

greets & rock on,

Andreas

• hi, do i habe to install the Unit beneath the Kemper Plug a cable from Kemper to the Units Input and from there i Chose one of the Outputs going via another cable into my Remote ?

Hi, the unit I bought has just one output. And yes, just plug a cable from Kemper to the input and from the output to the remote. From Kemper to unit I used a short cable (unit is installed in a Rack with the Kemper), from the unit to the Remote I sometimes used a 15m cable and it worked perfect.