Master Volume &Volume Not working / Odd Behaviour

• Hello,
    I'm experiencing a strange behavior on my Kemper. I'm running 3.3.0 but this behaviour happened already before this firmware. I haven't manage to find any comments in the forums that could help me.

Master Volume and Volume don't seem to act in any form. I use to be able to simply move the knob and see a change in volume and see the graphic bar changing,

When I click on the output button I can see that my main output is set to Main Stereo. (unlocked)
    I set Main Volume is at - 8.9Db
    Main Out Unlinked.

Finally at random intervals the Volume bar will show on the screen and change volume by itself. Ghost in the machine style...(I disconnected Midi and USB in case its getting some type or random messages)

Help!

• I'm not sure, if i understand your problem...
    What do you want your Master-Volume Knob to do?
    You have unlinked your Main Outs from this Knob, so when turning it, it won't affect the volume of the main outs.

Is your Rig-Volume Knob not working as well?

• Hmm... I suspected MIDI too until I read that you disconnected it, Victor.

I wonder if it could be that the firmware has become corrupted. Personally I'd force a reinstallation of it, but you should probably create a support ticket for this in case it can help the Kemper Team™ in ensuring glitch-free operation for all of us.

• Thank you Monkey_man. I was afraid that may be the problem. Has anyone ever tried to downgrade the firmware? I'm in touch with support. They are fast responding and very helpful!

I'm attaching my output settings. Basically my both of my volume encoders (knobs) don't do anything.

Anything else I should try?

• Well, either the software isn't aware of the knob-linking, or the pots themselves are faulty.

If I'm right, it then makes sense to reinstall the OS in case it's a software-only issue. Yes, to answer your question, you can up or downgrade the installed OS. To upgrade, pop the new one on a stick and insert it as outlined in the manual and elsewhere, following the subsequent screen prompts. To downgrade, you have to, AFAIK, force the update by placing the OS file at the root level on the USB stick and power the Kemper up whilst holding a key combo that I'll not post lest the Gods of Kemper be displeased. If you create that ticket I suggested, you may be walked through the process should it be deemed necessary.