Being lazy

• A confession.

I've had my Kemper for 2.5 years now and I still haven't scratched the surface with tweaking it. Basically, if the current preset doesn't do it for me with what I'm wanting, I change the profile rather than tweak. Sure, I'd maybe change the reverb type / mix / add delay but that's about it.

I have never ever once touched the tube sag knob and all the other stuff under that menu. The video posted yesterday (that mentioned morphing and upcoming things) made me think I have been missing a trick for sure as the compression parameter in there looks really useful for starters..... It's just that this thing makes me smile without having to constantly bugger about with it thinking 'it's *almost* there. Basically, the 'on' button alone is enough to make me happy so why bother fiddling when you should be playing? :)

Yes, I do now realise that this is disgraceful. A 'Eureka' moment came yesterday by creating my own stomp box chains (embarrassed to say I didn't know how) and just trying the booster stomps in various flavours in front of a couple of favourite profiles and guess what? I liked it better than just the standard profile. And adding one of the Wah presets from the wah thread was really worth it too.

So I now have to up my game and finally learn this thing. It's testament to the design that I haven't felt the need till now but I'm interested to discover the stuff I've been missing.

Anyone else willing to confess that they have also been guilty of this or is it just me??

• As i wrote yesterday
    try the Definition knob on Rigs you don't like so much,
    it can almost do all you need 8o
    i think even when you def like a rig turn this knob
    and you will hear what s all possible with that profile