Morphing edit mode

• Please consider for morphing with the remote that holding the chosen preset button for 3 seconds takes the remote into morphing edit mode. For those of us that use the remote to turn on effects saved in slots I-IIII and then click back on the original preset to clear them, this can not be done now because clicking the original preset a second time goes to the morphed preset mode, even if one doesn't currently exist within that profile. The way I use my KPA and remote live will not let me update the firmware on my live Profiler until this option or something similar is available.

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

• Quote Kemper Profiler Reference Manual 4.0 Page 62:
    The Morph switch operates both as momentary or latched. When you hit and release the Rig Button quickly, the Morph Sound emerges, and then holds until you hit the Rig Button again. When you press and hold the Rig Button, the Morph Sound will be held until you release the button to return to the Base Sound. / unquote.

For me this a sensefull feature. It allows you to determine the lenght of the morphing in 2 ways.

1. Switch on and switch off with 2 short kicks.
    2. Switch on and hold the morphing as long you push the button. Release of button means end of mophing (via out ramp)

It would be a pity if you do not upgrade, because you don't like this feature. :rolleyes:

• I would like to use morphing on some of my presets, but not all. I want the ability to turn off my selected effects on buttons I-IIII by hitting the same button again and going back to my original sound. The problem now is even if a certain preset doesn't have any morphing saved on it, it automatically goes into the "upper" LED morphing setting. A simple edit mode for setting up morphs would do the trick. I'm sure some users won;t have any use for morphing and therefore wouldn't need to go into any kind of edit mode.

BTW: I upgraded to FW 4.01 on my studio KPA which is how I've been testing this out. It simply won't work as it stands for my live KPA unit and set up

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

• I would like to use morphing on some of my presets, but not all. I want the ability to turn off my selected effects on buttons I-IIII by hitting the same button again and going back to my original sound.

Morphing per definition is only possible with parameters - not for on/off function.
    Maybe it could be a solution to change some parameters in the effect you want to switch off so the effect is not heard. E.g. Vol 0 for a booster or mix to 0 for a distortion and so on.

• Nope, you're not understanding.

Before morphing...I could select my preset #1 on the Remote with my base profile & some reverb. I click on upper Button I and add chorus & delay to the chorus section of a song. To go back to preset #1 at the verse after the chorus I just click on preset #1 again and I'm back to my base profile with some reverb. With the new firmware, if I get to the verse section after the chorus and click preset #1 again it doesn't go back to my base profile, it goes to the upper LED to set up a morphed preset from my original preset. There is no option to go back the way it was before this update. So if I am someone who doesn't want to use morphing I can't turn the entire feature off because double clicking any preset #1-5 will automatically go into the upper morph part of that preset. This is what I want the ability to either turn off in a global setting or only have this edit part of setting up a morph feature engage when I hold down the preset button for 3 seconds. Any preset you set up to morph should automatically switch to the upper LED, but if a preset doesn't have a morph saved to it, this shouldn't happen unless you want to add a morph (i.e. holding the button longer to set up).

• I have never used my remote the way you described, but now I want to :D Your reasoning makes sense to me. No need to go morph state 2 with buttons 1-5 if there's no morphing assigned to that slot.

• I believe I've got the answer for you @drandall

I too play live mostly, so maximum utility is needed. If you go to page 11 in System and check the MorphPedal > Wah, you can do exactly as you wish.

I have set up several performances using this and it works flawlessly - all you have to do is; engage a Wah on the rigs you do NOT want morph on (even if you have no desire to use a wah on that preset). For me that is about half of my presets. I can now use the 1-1111 buttons as always on those rigs with wah engaged (which takes it out of morph mode), and use the morph feature on all presets with NO wah selected, using either the buttons or an EXP pedal. Try it, it works!

Gary ô¿ô

• Nope, you're not understanding.

Maybe you are right, maybe you do not understand me. ;) I used the stomp boxes I - IIII in the same way like you..
    Nobody will force you to use morphing. But If you use it you have to live with it at it is in the moment.
    I am satisfied with the solution as it is.
    There are also other improvements in Vers 4.0
    I just want to give you a hint how you go further with using morphing.

• @prsgary

Sounds like a quick fix but I hope they do something else soon to resolve this

• Maybe you are right, maybe you do not understand me. ;) I used the stomp boxes I - IIII in the same way like you..
    Nobody will force you to use morphing. But If you use it you have to live with it at it is in the moment.
    I am satisfied with the solution as it is.
    There are also other improvements in Vers 4.0
    I just want to give you a hint how you go further with using morphing.

I appreciate your input and help with this, just wanted to make sure you knew how I was using it. I might use some morphing in the future but honestly it's not something I need or see myself doing much right now just because I'm already playing all the rhythm & leads, singing lots of lead & back up vocals (sometimes while I'm playing leads). I just don't need one more thing to take my focus away from the performance and getting the job done. It took a while to move from my old midi setup with outboard gear to the KPA & Remote and be in sync with everything I needed to do and now I have to worry about the upper LED lighting up and not going back to my base preset as I've been doing for almost a year now at 100 shows.

• I appreciate your input and help with this, just wanted to make sure you knew how I was using it. I might use some morphing in the future but honestly it's not something I need or see myself doing much right now just because I'm already playing all the rhythm & leads, singing lots of lead & back up vocals (sometimes while I'm playing leads). I just don't need one more thing to take my focus away from the performance and getting the job done. It took a while to move from my old midi setup with outboard gear to the KPA & Remote and be in sync with everything I needed to do and now I have to worry about the upper LED lighting up and not going back to my base preset as I've been doing for almost a year now at 100 shows.

Good luck for your way :)

I have to forget 40 years of beeing musician with conventional equipment. But I enjoy now this adventure. :)
    One is for sure - I never had such good sound before with an equipment I can carry alone to a gig.

• Sounds like a quick fix but I hope they do something else soon to resolve this

? Quick fix? Not at all. You stated a problem, I related a very useful and easy solution that actually works and does exactly what you were disappointed with. Sorry you didn't appreciate my solution.

(I love it when trying to be helpful gets me a full slap in the face :S !)

all the best dude.

Gary ô¿ô

• Just meant that what you proposed is a work around, no disrespect. Having the wah on for every preset isn't ideal for me because I use a Mission pedal for wah and use the on/off switch on the pedal. The wah is also on all my presets because I use it throughout the night with most of my presets. That's all....

• I just did everything you explained above (it's actually page 13/20 on my system menu, not sure why?) but the preset still goes to the upper LED when I try to double click to turn off the I-IIII buttons. Any ideas why? I had to set the Wah to bypass at stop because I have a wah on all my presets and need to use it.

• That's odd, no - I have no idea why your's is going to the upper LED. Having wah on every preset does negate my fix (you use it that much? I'd love to see your set list, man!). Perhaps if you put in a support suggestion, as Nighlight has mentioned, that they put in a soft button in rig menu for Morph (on or off) it could then be selected on a per rig basis and saved (hopefully).

Actually i'll put in a support ticket myself on this issue, as it a rather important one.

Gary ô¿ô

• I use it probably 6-8 times a night, but I only use 2 banks of 5 presets in performance mode so I keep it in stomp slot 1 available with all 10 presets. That would be cool if you also submit a ticket so this would get added soon. Thank you!

• Drandall, can't you program a morph state and control this with the Mission pedal with the toe switch NOT engaged for wah?

I have it from Support that a soft button, for several logical reasons, will not be forthcoming, nor would it be practical. Hopefully Support will clarify this for all.

Gary ô¿ô

• PM sent to you.

This is crazy, what if somebody doesn't want to use the morph function at all? The 5 remote preset buttons can't be made to function the way they were in FW 3.3 without going into the top LED morphing setup?? I'm not giving up on this with support.

• @drandall
    I do understand what you're talking about - had the same thoughts until yesterday:

I'm now using the morph to 'solo boost' all my rigs ... though I'm using my performances in 'banks of rigs' rather than in a song based fashion - i.e. banks of <clean - breakup - distortion - distortion alternative> rigs from different amps ... all my rigs can be used self-contained ... a benefit is that this frees up one of the I-II-III-IIII slots :thumbup: ... downside is: engaging a stomp has to be done as in the olden days :D ...

Works fine for me so far 8)

Cheers,
    Wolf