beta 4.0.5 effects saving bug

• Hi, seems like there's a saving bug in 4.0.5.

I've been saving different Transpose settings, but, for some reason after saving my settings, the effect doesn't revert to the new setting in the current rig and instead stays on the old version. This confused me at first because it looked like the saving option was broken, but, when scrolling the effects list I found my settings. Please look into it, thanks!

• Sorry, I don't understand, what you are exactly doing and this functionality hasn't changed in 4.0.5.

"Saving different Transpose settings" sounds like storing Presets, which would include the effect type Transpose plus the value of its only parameter Pitch. I have stored multiple presets with different pitches and, when I load those Presets again I always receive the correct Pitch as stored in the Preset.

Now if you store a Preset with a Pitch x, that doesn't overwrite the Rig with its Pitch y. So "effect doesn't revert to the new setting in the current Rig" seems like intended behavior and has not changed since the beginning.

By the way I 've also stored different Rigs including Transpose with different values for Pitch and if I reload these Rigs, Pitch comes up as stored. Everything is working as expected.

• I can attest that there may be something funky going on with Transpose. I had a Performance that had TRP at the front of it in one rig. Worked fine the first night, the second night the TRP had gone missing. Whoops! Had to slide a fret :)

• Can you select the saved effect via browse knob? Is the setting correct then?
    Is this behavior new with 4.0.5 or did you have this problem before?

I can select the newly saved effect via browse knob, it loads properly.

This is while in browse mode. I don't save the rig like this as I lock the effects so it's the same for any rig I play.

Thanks for clarifying the situation Burkhard. So, I assume the behaviour must be correct and when I save a new fx, I have to browse to that saved effect to change the current one.

Another thing I wanted to note is the first time I saved a Transpose setting it only re-named the original Transpose effect instead of making a new one.

• I guess, it would be easier to consult each other, if we would practice common Profiler language.

In Profiler terms what you are storing is an Effect Preset. The Effect as such cannot be stored, as it is hard-coded in the software.

Whenever you chose to store a Preset instead of a Rig, a new Preset gets created and the Rig currently loaded isn't impacted at all. That is the meaning of Presets. If Modules or Sections of the signal chain are locked at that time is not relevant. In order to change the Rig settings you need to store the Rig instead of creating another Effect Preset. This has nothing to do with Transpose. This is consistent Profiler behavior.

When you store a Rig you have the choice to Replace, Save As, Rename. When you store a Preset you have no choice, always a new Presets gets created potentially with an identical name.

Regarding "re-named the original Transpose effect" ... you cannot. You cannot change the name of the effect in the software and you cannot replace an existing Preset. While you store a Preset there is no link to any Preset loaded before in our code. Replacing a Preset is impossible yet. You could create another Preset with the same name - that might be confusing.

• And last not least ... turning the BROWSE knob, you select from your pool of Presets. Each of the Presets includes Effect Type and settings. The Presets listed can vary, as the user can create and delete Presets. So the list could even be empty - probably not our fault.

Turning the TYPE knob, you select from the list of Effect Types built into the software. If you select one of those, only the Effect Type changes, while all settings are maintained as before. The list of Effect Types is hard-coded in each software revision. So if that list is empty, we have made a mistake ... ;)

• I think you need to look into it. I know for a fact Transpose was no longer in my list of effects after saving a new preset the first time. The only way I got it back was to save my saved preset again and rename it to "Transpose".

• I think you need to look into it. I know for a fact Transpose was no longer in my list of effects after saving a new preset the first time. The only way I got it back was to save my saved preset again and rename it to "Transpose".

No, these are two misunderstandings. Please open a support ticket and attach a video and we will tell you, what you really do.

Transpose cannot disappear from the list of effects. You are looking in the wrong place. And there is no way to rename a Preset. That function doesn't exist. You renamed a Rig or a Slot or something else.