Shure GLXD16

• Does anyone here have it?

I received mine on friday, and was stoked. Hooked it up, and was a little disappointed when I heard the sound. On my clean sounds, it sounds like I´m playing EMG´s with a dying battery. Or a cab with a blown speaker. There is and audible distortion, and it´s really noticeable on clean sounds. Does anyone else here have that, or is it my unit that is broken?

I have sent a request to Shure, with a clip of the sound. But I am curious, and just want to hear if anyone else that have the GLXD16 have experienced this...

• And just to add: I´ve tried different cables, between both guitar and transmitter and receiver and Kemper. I tried moving the receiver, power it both with the supplied AC adapter and through an Iso-brick. I tried lower the gain, on both receiver and volume pot on guitar. It has the latest firmware installed, but nothing seems to help. I tried 3 different guitars.

Outcome is still the same...

• That sucks. The reviews seem to be good for it. You're sure it has a good battery?

edit: just reread and saw you used the a/c adapter ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Yeah, Google comes up short with anything related to the GLXD16 and problems. That's why I went for it. :) And that is why I think the unit I got is somehow broken. I mean, if this is what it supposed to be, then somewhere there would be an unfavourable review. But it doesn't exist... :)

Can't wait to hear back from Shure!

• I´m using the GLXD16 and it´s pretty amazing.
    I can´t hear any differences between cable and wireless transmission.
    Even my clean sounds are great and I won´t go back to cable.

• Sent the unit back, and will recieve a new one. Got sorted out rather quick, so I'm happy. Guess it was just bad luck. :)

(now the waiting game begins... *sigh*) :)

• So I got my new GLXD16 today. And it has the same issue.... i couldn't believe it, it seemed so unlike Shure.

So fooling around, I disabled the amplifier, eq and cab section. And guess what, pure signal. But then again, enabling the amplifier makes the noise/distortion to return. On every clean profile I have...

so, what do I do here? Any tips? My CS is -8.5.

EDIT: With the cable, there is no noise on the same clean profiles. Hm, I need to figure this out. It drives me crazy... :S Either way, off to work.

I'll try plugging the wireless directly to the RME UCX tonight and see what happens. If it's perfectly clean then, then it's something that happens between the Kemper and GLXD I guess...

Edited 2 times, last by dahla ().

• Check the input and output lights on the kemper and try some of the stock clean profiles. It could be your profile I noticed with one of my clean profiles it was peaking and I had a hard time getting the volume to a usable level in comparison to my other profiles without it peaking.

• Yeah, just got home so I will mess with it some more. But both input and output LEDs are in the green. So it's definitely something else.

I googled, and it seems someone here had the same issue I experience with the wireless. I found a couple of threads, like this one: strange noise over clean sounds

it does sound like a dying battery... :s

• You said you lowered the db to -20 on the transmitter? I thought it should be set to 0. Lowering it to -20 might be causing the dead battery characteristic not sending enough signal to the line in

Lowered ut to -20 just to check. No difference in sound (i.e. noise) between -20 and 0...

• Is the glxd 16 the stomp box? I have that and discovered it had an issue. When I first got it, I had noticed that when exiting tuner mode it takes about 3 seconds to allow signal to pass again. I just thought it was the design. I had the pedal mounted inside the hole on the back of the KPA, thus never used the footswitch and had flawless operation for a couple years. I hadn't used the thing in a while and decided to sell it. The new user returned it, pointing out that he had another one and there was no 3-second delay and contacted shure for me to discuss the issue.

• No I did not. Both units had the same noise/flaw/whatever.

I sent it back and bought Line 6 G70. Works flawless. No noise, fuss, problems, drop-outs or nothing. Pretty boring device in that regard... :P