Rig Manager not picking up Kemper (solved)

• Evening all,

Ive just tried to update my Rig Manager to the latest version (1.6), when i opened up the Rig Manager it does not detect my Kemper even though i had just been on it 10 minutes prior to downloading the update. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the software but this is not working.

The profiler does connect to my PC as it makes the Hardware connected sound.

Has anyone else had this problem and know how to solve it?

Thanks

• I had the same issue.

Rm 1.6 requires firmware x or above. (Says so in the download section)
    Check that, and check your Kemper version.

Solution for me was updating the firmware.
    (Format USB stick in Kemper...download latest firmware to USB stick, updat Kemper from USB stick)

• If rebooting your Kemper and PC, doesn't fix the problem:

Find Device Manager in Windows, look in Sound,video and Game Controllers - is there a yellow exclamation mark on the Kemper Profiler?

If the Kemper does have a yellow exclamation mark, right click the Kemper Profiler and uninstall it, you shouldn't need to remove the driver, but if all else fails, uninstall the driver too. Then reinstall RM 1.6.

• This morning it worked, by magic.
    As there are no such things as magic (except for baby smiles), I checked the cable. The USB between the profiler and the pc is indeed defect. I've just replaced it. Everything is allright.

• Apologies for the late response... Thanks for your suggestions, its appreciated.

I left it for the night, came to it the morning after to try and tackle it again and it booted up first time....... 8|

I have literally no idea why it was working the night before as nothing had been touched or set up differently... Bizzare.. but hey ho its all good now.

Onto another noob question... would this power amp suffice to power a 2x12 cab? so I can start to use my kemper live? Im a little unsure of what power requirements (w) I need to be safe..
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peav…da476f:g:MzEAAOSw4GVYIhxp

Should I be looking at getting a more expensive one? a bigger wattage?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Dan

• Thanks for the responses again guys...

I currently have an EVH 5153 4x12, but will be downsizing to a Mesa 2x12 Rectifier cab to use with my kemper.

Is there such thing as too much power? Sorry I really am a little dense with this sort of stuff.

Thanks again