Help cleanup digital "hair" on profiles?

• Thanks CJGOMEZ.

I wonder if the downgrade is necessary , or just deleting and reloading the profiles would correct the problem? I'll probably just do the downgrade anyways to be safe at this point.

• Thanks CJGOMEZ.

I wonder if the downgrade is necessary , or just deleting and reloading the profiles would correct the problem? I'll probably just do the downgrade anyways to be safe at this point.

It seems it was necessary for my situation. Just wiping my KPA had no effect. Just downgrading had no effect. Downgrading then wiping fixed my issues and that seemed to have helped a few other people too.

• Thanks CJGOMEZ.

Hey Jay:
    To be honest based on the clip that you posted, I don't think that's your problem. I honestly think you're fine, it's just the choice of profiles is a better venue for your situation and spending a few minutes with few parameters to make the profile suite your guitar and pickups better.

Here's my advice for your situation: based on the clip I heard

1- try pure cab and that will definitely take off some of the sizzle, Click on CAB button and from there you'll see it.
    2-From Cab button also try to nudge the :"High Shift" and you'd be surprised how much improvement you can get from that alone.
    3-Press the Amplifier button
    and -reduce the definition slightly, and try to add just a little Sag, If you lose some of the tightness, move to the next page by pressing <page> button.then increase the clarity to bring tightness back.
    4-Try to see what adding a little tube bias will do. I usually put it on 1

Now press the EQ button and see if you still need to roll the presence or the high down.
    That clip that you posted, if you follow what I just wrote, will clean up very nicely to suit your guitar.

just to reiterate, I don't think your KPA has my problem so i wouldn't bother downgrade based on what I heard., you just need to quickly experiment with the few parameters I eluded to above to make any profile to suit your pickup or guitar better. Some profiles don't need any tweaking but most need a little.

Edited once, last by Dean_R ().

• Hey Dean,

Thanks for the advice! I have had the pure cab set globally to 4.1 for all profiles. But I haven't messed with the "high shift" before. Great tip!!

I think you are correct - I have been getting pleasing sounds all along from Guido's XTC pack, but not many others. Now I am getting some tones I'm liking from Mbritt's 70 Marshall, Top Jimi's Caswell 's, Guido's 800 pack and a couple others.

I guess I just wasn't prepared for the initial learning curve and the high % of profiles that don't work for me. I also downloaded the latest 5.03 patch last night, so not sure if that helped. But glad to say that I am starting to get happier with the Kemper :)

• Hey Dean,
    Thanks for the advice! I have had the pure cab set globally to 4.1 for all profiles. But I haven't messed with the "high shift" before. Great tip!!

I think you are correct - I have been getting pleasing sounds all along from Guido's XTC pack, but not many others. Now I am getting some tones I'm liking from Mbritt's 70 Marshall, Top Jimi's Caswell 's, Guido's 800 pack and a couple others.

I guess I just wasn't prepared for the initial learning curve and the high % of profiles that don't work for me. I also downloaded the latest 5.03 patch last night, so not sure if that helped. But glad to say that I am starting to get happier with the Kemper :)

Glad to hear you''re happier with the KPA :)
    5.03 allows you to have Pure cab setup Per patch or profiles if you like. I notice that some profiles don't benefit from pure cab while others do , so I do it per profile since the update to 5.

Also I think it helps knowing what the person who created the profiles used as a guitar for reference, strat type with single coil or humbuckers. It gives direction to what to EQ for instance for high gain or metal profiles if I'm to use a strat with noiseless pickups, I always cut the high or the presence sometimes significantly.

Regardless the few parameters in The AMP, Cab and EQ button are in general needed.
    You will run into some profiles that you don't even need to lift a finger with one guitar but when you switch to another guitar, you would need to tweak to get to the same spot. I think that's expected even with real world amps;

For clean amps for instance there;'s a parameter called compressor in the amp section which is incredibly useful.

Before the Kemper I was a tweak junky, now for profiles, those few parameters are all that I do and it seems to work quite well. I don't go down the rabbit hole of impulse responses or switching cabinets considering the plethora of good studio profiles available.