Posts by jaybird666

Question I have on this parameter. Would it in theory have the same effect as turning up the volume if you left it flat EQ'd? It seems like I hear something different in the tone of my amp if I leave the Eq flat, but just raise the EQ volume. I've raised the regular volume by the same amount to match volumes, but raising the EQ volume seemed to make the tone a tad thicker sounding. Or maybe I'm just hearing things :)

Hey Dean,

Thanks for the advice! I have had the pure cab set globally to 4.1 for all profiles. But I haven't messed with the "high shift" before. Great tip!!

I think you are correct - I have been getting pleasing sounds all along from Guido's XTC pack, but not many others. Now I am getting some tones I'm liking from Mbritt's 70 Marshall, Top Jimi's Caswell 's, Guido's 800 pack and a couple others.

I guess I just wasn't prepared for the initial learning curve and the high % of profiles that don't work for me. I also downloaded the latest 5.03 patch last night, so not sure if that helped. But glad to say that I am starting to get happier with the Kemper :)

Ok so I think I am going to try this then.

So what is the proper way to save my profiles and get them back into the Kemper after wiping everything? Do I need to copy them 1 by 1 or something, as doing a restore may bring back the problem? Being a noob, I don't want to reck anything , especially the paid profiles that came w/ the unit.

Man, this is a sh!tty way to start off my adventure , especially considering the price I paid for this unit :(

Well, I solved my high frequency issues after seeing this thread

https://www.kemper-amps.com/fo…igs-after-upgrading-to-r5

Basically, downgrade then wipe the flash memory then upgrade back to v5. Any other combination of upgrade/downgrade, flash, etc didn't work for me and I tried them all.

So being a noob here, what risk do I take doing this?

Will this procedure work?

• Take a backup (have to figure that out)
    • Downgrade to 4.x
    • Wipe Flash
    • Upgrade
    • Restore my backup
    • Don't import any new delay presets??? Do I need to find those and delete them before I do my backup?

Is this when you have your DAW software up? Make sure its not outputting / monitoring what you are playing live or it will sound real laggy for sure as its doubling what you are playing. You should be able to unplug the Focusrite from the PC and play straight through stand alone, try that and if you have a USB powered one use a wall wart adaptor to power it. My 6i6 is self powered so I can play it w/o a computer to eliminate PC related issues. I get almost zero latency playing live.

Seriously! What he said^+1000

Yeah that would be awesome!!! EP booster , fulltone full drive , and my favorite ol SD-1 would be fantastic!!! There are plenty of others too, but don't want to get too greedy, but obviously these things sell outside the modeled world so there is a fair amount of market demand and application here.

How do you have the Focusrite connected to your PC, via USB? That's how I have it, and run the Kemper outs into the two inputs of my 6i6. The Focusrite outs go to my monitors. I can hear both computer and Kemper (or whatever I happen to have plugged into the input) at the same time.

I know this is an older thread, but was wondering if there was any word or thought on new stomps? I personally have used the Boss SD-1 as a boost forever. I know the TS is close, but I have never been a fan of how it affects the mids working with most amps. I do like TS-9 type pedals for Fender amps, but not Marshall type amps.

I for one would love to have the Yellow SD-1 available in the Kemper. I'll just have to use one of my real ones in front for now I guess.

Seems to me lately that I've been having to significantly turn down the presence of many profiles and up the treble to compensate to get rid of this high frequency fizz. I know we've been told over and over that updates don't effect the tone of profiles, but I don't remember ever having to do this before.

Interesting to hear that you're hearing a change. I wouldn't know because I started with 5.0.3 with my unit.

I definitely hear the fizz and it's excessive to my ears. You've got a lot of high-end energy going on at and above 8kHz, which can be tamed using a low pass filter. If you're getting this on most profiles, you could try adjusting the height of your guitar pickups on one side to increase the low-end or conversely lower the treble side.

Hey ColdFrixion,

It definitely seems profile related or the way that a large % of profiles react to my guitar and monitor setup anyways. Some profiles sound pretty good I've found, but many or most have some sort of issue similar to above. It's actually worse because the compression that Soundcloud does actually helped this sample as live the "ice-picky-ness" of the fizz is even more pronounced and annoying.

I am working on tweaking some of the Mbritt 70 Marshall profiles and Guidoist JCM 800 profiles to my liking and getting some decent results. Though today on the Mbritt profile when doing some bends I was hearing some weird synthetic sounding pitch modulation that I haven't been able to nail the source of yet, sigh :(. I disabled the stomps and effects and it was still there.

Getting closer to a "good spot" with this unit, but the struggle continues...

Thanks Spinner. Glad to hear you are / were in the same boat as me! Funny I do really like the sound of the real Friedman BE/ HBE stuff.

Question - where do I find those 3.x profiles you mention? My unit is running 5.0.3.x . Is there an easy way to search Rig Manager for those profiles you mentioned so I can check them out?

Hey Dean thanks for your thoughts. Yeah I have watched the Captain and Rob Chapman video before :)

So I am a long time tube amp user. I have had modelers as well, most recently I bought an Atomic Amplifire about a year ago. So I have both. I am looking for that amp in the room sound and feel I guess. I WANT to be fooled if you would that I am really playing the "X" amp for real. I know to really get that true feel, I would need to play through my 4x12 cab with enough volume, but I also know messing for a year with a current modeler what to expect out of studio monitors too.

Glad to hear that the profiling can be done w/ half decent knowledge and mic's as I have that and would profile my amps and some of my friends collections if I stick it out.