Graphic EQ Volume parameter

• The volume parameter (e.g. in Graphic EQ, also present in other stomps) has a value range between -5 and +5. Do you know how these values map to actual dB? It looks like -5...0...+5 map to -12dB...0dB...+12dB but I would like to confirm.

• Question I have on this parameter. Would it in theory have the same effect as turning up the volume if you left it flat EQ'd? It seems like I hear something different in the tone of my amp if I leave the Eq flat, but just raise the EQ volume. I've raised the regular volume by the same amount to match volumes, but raising the EQ volume seemed to make the tone a tad thicker sounding. Or maybe I'm just hearing things :)

• Question I have on this parameter. Would it in theory have the same effect as turning up the volume if you left it flat EQ'd? It seems like I hear something different in the tone of my amp if I leave the Eq flat, but just raise the EQ volume. I've raised the regular volume by the same amount to match volumes, but raising the EQ volume seemed to make the tone a tad thicker sounding. Or maybe I'm just hearing things :)

On a related point, I was wondering about the best way to really EQ my sound (coming from my on stage monitor) - I am thinking it would be to mic the base tone, and record it through my DAW and measure the frequency curve, and then EQ. Maybe that would apply here to? Hopefully some of our more knowledgeable folks can weigh in.

• Interesting that the Graphic EQ block colors the sound with all bands being flat and set to 0dB. I plan to use this block to increase/decrease the volume between the input and the amp block (I'm already using the clean/dist sens for other stuff), but if it colors the sound it is not a good choice. Is there any other block which can be used just to increase/decrease the volume?