Does anyone have a chorus sound idea for Zakk Wylde like sound

• I am in the need for a chorus sound which is a little bit over the top. Like the one that Zakk Wylde used on Ozzmosis.
    {First Seconds of "I just want you" and you'll get the idea}
    Any ideas how to get this? Thx!

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

Edited once, last by Geraldo7 ().

• Hi @Geraldo7

Off the top of my head I would have said "Leslie" but its not quite that. Then ...

I had a bit of a fish around and found this in an article:

What Zakk Wylde Uses

... so i'm guessing it's the Rotovibe.

I'd have a mess around with the various rotary stomps and also (from memory of the real thing!) check the vintage chorus (sounds like a Boss CE-1) but set on a high speed. The original had a Leslie-esque (but not quite) vibe to it.

caveat - haven't tried this but will when I get near the box!

skål Andy

• Thanks for your answers, guys. :thumbup:
    The thing is: my first amp, not so good, but hey i was a beginner, a crate 2x12 combo had
    a chorus built-in. And i could dial in this type of sound quite effortlessly.
    It must have been that the ratio was very high and depth also. But this does not seem to work with a chorus in stomp
    B or C for that matters. I'll try your suggestions tomorrow anyway. thx again

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• check this out.. Yamaha spx90

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by luntho ().

• Hi guys, i have a good result with a tremolo in stomp c and a chorus in slot mod.

Would you mind posting your settings for this? I've tried for a long time to get that great Zakk rhythm sound and haven't really been successful. I've been using a really short delay with some detune but it's not the same.

I've seen the video posted earlier in this thread before. That guy has an amazing sound, BUT, he also recorded the guitars 4 times over each other, which is the key to making them sound so thick.

• Would you mind posting your settings for this? I've tried for a long time to get that great Zakk rhythm sound and haven't really been successful. I've been using a really short delay with some detune but it's not the same.
    I've seen the video posted earlier in this thread before. That guy has an amazing sound, BUT, he also recorded the guitars 4 times over each other, which is the key to making them sound so thick.

Hi, i will post it tomorrow. No time today.

• Would you mind posting your settings for this? I've tried for a long time to get that great Zakk rhythm sound and haven't really been successful. I've been using a really short delay with some detune but it's not the same.

Hi, here are my settings:
    Amp: Marshall TSL Mod (its a commercial one but i think you can a good free one on RE). The cab is my gamechanger. Its my fav cab from tonehammer, called mega boobie RK 2x12 from a recty pack. I use this cab in 90% of my rigs.
    Gain 3,6, Def 4, Power sag 0 Pick 0, Comp 0,Tube shape 3,3 , rest 0
    Cab : Mesa boogie 2x12
    No pure cab
    Gate in stomp A
    Trem in stomp C: Rate 1/16, Depth 10, Crossover 936 Hz, Ducking 0, Volume + 0,6
    Graphic eq in slot Xall 0, low cut 77 Hz, High cut 6080 Hz Mix 100%
    Hyper chorus in slot MOD: Depth 5,8, Amount 3,0, Crossover 20,6 Hz, Mix 75%, Vol +0,6
    Legacy delay in slot Delay: Mix 37%, Delay 1 time 376 ms, Delay 2 Ratio 100%, Feedback 31%Bandwidth 2,9, Frequency 4,7, Modulation 6,6,
    Reverb: Hall, Mix 27,2, Del Rev balance +20%, Time 3,9, Damping 3,2, Predelay 160ms, Banwidth 2,2, Frequency -1,3,

Here is an example. I played it slower than the tune so you can hear better what happens with the trem fx. In a mix it appers nearly clean like in the original tune

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Bridge PU of my jem (dimarzio evolution)

• Awesome work, Frank, thx a lot! :)